1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OMFG! Out of BEER!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by T2Bruno, Jan 21, 2010.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, that sounds about right for AB...just look at Budwiser. :nono:

I'd be pissed too if I was a beer lover.

It's just like the oil industry bulls**t not too long ago when gas was over $4 a gallon. They claimed it was because there wasn't enough oil, yet Chevron posted consistant quartly profits of tens of *billions* of dollars. :bang:

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, it's a good thing we live in Illinois then T2, they will never run out of Old Style!:D

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    If the Belgians become too thirsty they have the options of travelling to Germany, the Netherlands, Luxembourg or France to buy beer. I don't think any point in Belgium is even a hundred kilometres from the nearest land border.

Budweiser is like lovemaking in a canoe anyway:
    ****ing close to water! :shake:

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That sucks - I like Hoegaarden a lot, and Leffe wasn't bad either the one or two times I've had it. I cannot recall ever drinking a Stella Artois. I've certainly heard of it, I just don't think I've ever tasted it for whatever reason.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Despite being French I'm not a wine drinker and my favourite beer is Belgian... :(

7. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

I'm very fond of Belgian beers too. :(

It sucks big time.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Big F'N whoop. Booze sucks.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You've got it backwards ... suck booze is what you want to do.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No, not really. This isn't AoDA, though.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's always a shame when something traditional is taken away. I'm personally not a beer drinker so cannot get as worked up about this as many - I just hope it gets resolved cleanly. No point jeapordising the whole market for the sake of a few pennies.

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The Belgians will get over this. They like beer too much to stop drinking only because of a bloody strike. Belgian beer is generally a tad too sweet and heavy for me. Which doesn't mean I don't drink Belgian beer. I just only do so when I am in Belgium.

I think drinking too much Belgian beer will ruin your taste. Try an experiment: Have some Belgian Dubbel or Trippel beer - and after that, drink a German Jever. You'll hate it, even though it's a decent beer - after that sweet, sweet beer it is just way too bitter.

Which reminds me, I for my part am not out of beer, and I will have a pint of Pilsner Urquell in a moment. Excellent beer from the Czech Republic. I'd prefer that over any Belgian beer any day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  13. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks Ragusa for reminding me that we can still count on our German friends to provide some alternatives.

I'd still miss the Belgian stuff though.

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    I recently got a 12-pack of Pilsner Urquell and found it to be rather bland.

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Mmmmm... Stella Artois. That is good stuff.:) Had a few Peroni's the other day, not so good. They seemed like they had an overabundance of carbonation in them. Not good for the environment, with all of the methane releases....:p

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    T2,
    I guess that depends to what you're used to. When you're used to 'heavier' and 'sweeter' beer, you will probably find it bland. If your used to stuff like Bud or Heinecken you'll probably won't... That's analogous to the point I made about the Belgian beers and Jever.

Pilsner Urquell is good. I know better beers, but it is good.

Oh yes, and I get it in bottles here.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    It was a nice beer to drink when thirsty, it went down quite easy with no after taste. I generally prefer heavier beers, ales and stouts.

18. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I had some lovely Palm beer at the weekend but I don't think it's from InBev so it should be ok. Belgium has plenty of other brewers. I like Belgian beers but they're generally a bit dear to be drinking regularly. Danish Carlsberg is what I'm having at the moment.

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You will probably be delighted to hear that the strike will very likely end tomorrow morning. Instead of firing the 260 employees, the board has decided to seek alternative methods. Oh and Leffe rules!

Caradhras likes this.
  20. Caradhras

Media:
    It sure does!!! :beer:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.