1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Old save gone mental

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ChazStandard, Jun 22, 2013.

1. ChazStandard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Title say it all really - I imported a saved game into a fresh install with (I'm pretty sure) all the same mods installed - game is misbehaving. I'll give you the highlights:

- Viconia has the Circlet of the Archmagi in her Armor slot. She also seemed to be carrying something ivisible that weighs about 200 pounds.

- Kivan and Xan keep having dialogue in place of acknowledgements (Eg. Instead of saying "yes" when selected, and subtitle appears about walking through a forest or something.

I realize these probably aren't caused by the same issue - that some mods somewhere are clashing or something. Right now all I honestly want to know is how in the HELL did Viconia's armor turn into a circlet and what is the invisible heavy thing?

2. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I suspect somewhere your item references have got messed up. So the reference for what is in Viccies armour slot has been read as for the Circlet of the Archmagi. And same with the invisible item.

3. ChazStandard Gems: 1/31

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. Any ideas how that might happen?

Would reinstalling the game + mods fix it? Or is the problem in the save itself?

4. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Could be a corrupted save, could be a corrupted installation or could be a case of the mods you thought you had weren't exactly what you had installed.

If one of the latter then reinstalling with EXACTLY the same mods you had when you saved it might fix the problem - or it might not.

If a broken save then I suspect there's not a lot you can do other than mourn the loss of your save and start again.

5. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Unless you time-capsuled the mods you were using before...I don't see any chance of success.

I tried it often enough and never worked for me.

6. ChazStandard Gems: 1/31

I've mourned and moved on.

Will play through new character as part of the healing process.

Thanks for the input.

7. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Near Infinity will give you understanding of each entry in your save game file.

8. ChazStandard Gems: 1/31

Didn't know that - thanks for the tip.

Re: Vicci's full body necklace, I figured what must have happened. Part of the AshesofEmbers mod installs new armors - banded armors. Their item codes are band01, band02 etc etc. Some other mod added the circlet of the Arch-Magi...whose item codes is band04. Hopefully finding which mod did that and removing it will fix the issue.

The invisible weight must be her old armor.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    One tip is you can back up your override folder along with dialog.tlk. That should allow you to quickly restore your game with all the mods once you've installed the official patch.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.