1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ok movie buffs, help me out here

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Mesmero, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'm looking for three movies (although the third one might be a series) and my memory is really letting me down. Which movie enthusiast can help me with these?

1). The first one is a film I saw as a kid, so I'm guessing it's an 80's movie. It's about a girl (in my mind she's a red head, but I'm really not sure about that) who gets into an accident and has some limbs replaced with robotic ones. When she wakes up after the accident, the doctors warn her not to look, but when she pulls away her covers she is shocked by her robotic limb/arm. I also think she has a robotic leg, because I vaguely remember her running very fast at one point. She then probably fights some baddies, who might have been the ones that hurt her. Also, she might have been a cop.

2). The second one is a really lame Con Air rip off, which I have no intention in seeing again, but I recalled seeing in a "What's the worst movie you've ever seen?" discussion. Some convicts were transported on a train and they actually say something like: "Why not transport them on a plane?" "They tried that last year, didn't work."

3). This might actually have been a series, which I saw as a child (in the 80's), and I remember very little of it. Firstly, it was a cartoon. All I remember was there was a man standing behind a curtain and you could see his shoes. A moment later he jumped from behind the curtain, trying to attack someone. I think he might have been wearing a trench coat and a fedora and the motion might not have been fluid, it might have been in slow motion or two still frames in a flashback (I vaguely remember some narration).

Does any of this ring a bell for anyone? The first and last one have been annoying me for quite some time now. Thanks in advance :D

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The bionic woman?

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The last one could be Inspector Gadget or possibly the Pink Panther.

4. Mesmero

The first one is definitely a movie. I know there are also bionic woman movies, but I'm pretty that isn't it. Her cyborg parts were fully exposed and I think the bionic woman always looks pretty normal. I think it could be classified as a thriller, while the bionic woman probably is more lighthearted.

Pretty sure it is neither of those. The guy in the trench coat behind the curtain was the bad guy, jumping out from behind it to attack someone. I think it was a bit more serious cartoon than the ones you mentioned.

But thanks for the suggestions so far. If anybody has any other ideas I'd be glad to hear them :)

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Evasive Action (aka Steel Train) is mentioned several times as a big Con Air rip off and a very lame movie. I can't find a trailer nor any footage, so it must be real bad!
    Might this be your second one? ;)

Edit
    I found something! :D It's dubbed in Spanish, though. But maybe you recognize it. The movie is from 1998, one year after Con Air, so that quote you mentioned matches.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  6. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  7. Mesmero

I think it is, although the name doesn't ring a bell. Thanks! Don't watch it tho, it's really really lame ;) One down, two to go.

Nope. I probably shouldn't have described it as a cartoon. It was an animated show, but it was more realistically drawn than a cartoon. But thanks for the suggestion.

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    ahhh, total guess, but Toys, the 1992 movie with Robin Williams for the first one... Besides that, I have no clue... :(

9. Mesmero

#1 isn't a comedy, which I believe Toys is. Besides that, I think it's a little bit older. It's hard to put a year to it, but I think I saw it before 1992 (or around that time at it's latest, but it usually takes a few years before a new movie appears on Dutch tv).

But thanks for your suggestion Triactus.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.