1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ok, got the game and need some tips

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Forashi, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Forashi Guest

Just got the game btw. Graphics are really awesome and damn do the fights look good. There was some small learning to do from BG2 rules and abilities but nothing that would slow me down too much. Some things I want to know though.

What do I need to know about the bugs in the game? I hear there are quite a few, I have the newest patch though. My comp keeps crashing from time to time but obviously that has more to do with my new soundcard than NWN. I was thinking more about the different quests, romances (there was some problem with Aarin and Aribeth I believe) etc. Anything at all to keep me from having to start a new game for nothing?

2. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I don't think that the gaming part of NWN has any major bugs. The bugs that I have experienced are as follows.

1. Aarin Gend refers to you as "a charming and attractive woman," regardless of gender in Chapter 2 (fixed in the 1.19 patch).

2. Disappearance of Aribeth's Ring (plot item, easily rectified) in the transition between Port Llast and Luskan in Chapter 2 (fixed in 1.19).

3. Disappearance of miscellaneous equipment in the transition between Port Llast and Luskan in Chapter 2 (fixed in 1.19).

4. Henchmen conversations do not have the choice for levelling up (happened to me with both Sharwyn and Tomi, I do not know whether this has been fixed).

5. Some problems with the in-game multiplayer chat client (fixed in 1.19)

That's all the bugs I have experienced but I'm pretty sure there are (many) others. Also, be aware that there is a MAJOR bug with the Toolset.

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited July 08, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.