1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oh no, my Beloved Eagles signed Vick! Somebody, please shoot me!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Blades of Vanatar, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    According to SportsCenter on ESPN last night, while the decision ultimately came down to the owner, Donovan McNabb lobbied Reid and the GM hard to get Vick. Evidently McNabb and Vick are pals, and Vick admired McNabb as a successful black NFL QB when he was a senior in high school. In fact, he admired him so much, Vick considered attending McNabb's alma marter, Syracuse.

It may be your boy McNabb that needs to take a share of the blame for this decision...

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think your right Aldeth, to my dismay... I must of pissed-off the Football gods somehow...:(

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Do you think that Vick's presence has the potential to seriously screw the Eagles over?

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least he didn't go to the Seahawks.

Perhaps they can put in Vick if/when they play the Vikings.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So a good pre season game or what? Good offense.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So the Eagles signed Garcia yesterday. All of faith they have in Vick, huh? Kolb looked terrible after McNabb went down. I really don't understand why they cut A.J. Feely and kept Kolb. Feely has done excellent as a backup is previous years and knows Reid's system well. Now they go and get Garcia, that tells me Vick is having trouble understanding Reid's complex system. My father tells me the sports radio in Philly is confirming that.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

How long is McNabb out for?

8. Blades of Vanatar

At least this week. But broken ribs can keep haunting you all year, so who really knows. Probably 2 weeks, maybe 3 or they wouldn't of signed Garcia.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Blades, Vick can't play yet. It has nothing to do with faith, it's about having a body in the position in case QB#3 goes down.

10. Blades of Vanatar

The Eagles added him to the Roster today. We will be allowed to play by week 3 or the commish wouldn't of let it get this far in the 1st place. Showing past history with McNabb, he will try to play and just get re-injured. That means we will need another QB to carry us. I know Kolb can't, Garcia definitely can, this offense is perfect for him, as he did carry the Birds in the past when McNabb went down. There is no way they signed Garcia to sit the bench. Garica is also very good at executing the trick play, which will make Vick useful in the offense, at least initially. But the novelty of that will wear off quick. Teams will bring 8-9 man fronts to stuff Westbrook/Dawkins/Vick from running and make the Eagles beat them with the long ball. Neither Garcia or Vick are strong at completing those throws, that's McNabb's strong point. I sure hope Chunky Soup is Donovan's spinach....

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I can't think of a better place to put this, since it has Michael Vick in it:

I heard on the Radio today that Scooby Doo is 40 years old today. The announcer said that Scooby attributed his longevity to staying away from Michael Vick!

12. Blades of Vanatar

If that was the case, they would of signed someone for the minimum, not Garcia. With the Eagles expecting Vick playing at week 3, if they had alot of faith in him, there would be no reason to sign a Garcia.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    So, does Vick start next week?

14. Blades of Vanatar

No, Kolb does, he did a good enough job. Philly sports talk is saying as much anway. They have a bye the following week, so McNabb willprobably sit this week as well. Garcia has only 2 guaranteed weeks on his deal with the Birds, so who knows where that will go. As long as Donovan heals properly, I feel they will cut Garcia after next week, giving him a chance to play somewhere else. There is always a team in need of a Jeff Garcia. I would rather see them keep Garcia, Kolb is not the future. He just doesn't have IT, he just has a low salary. But unfortunately, they will keep Kolb. Who knows, maybe Vick will turn into something for a few years. But I don't really think Donovan is planning on retiring anytime soon, so I can only see controversy brewing there. Philly is the wrong city for that!

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Garcia did well. He deserves a second game.

16. Blades of Vanatar

Kolb played, not Garcia Merlanni....

17. Merlanni

Media:
    I don't know what to say.

I know now. The only excuse I have is being European. I watched the Jets game. Sorry. Still, how did I think it was Garcia and the Eagles. I was playing sacred 2 at the same time.

Do not forget the time. Afternoon in US it evening/ night here.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  18. Merlanni

Media:
    What was all the complaining about. They won again.

19. Blades of Vanatar

Not because of Vick, he barely played. McNabb was the star this time, as usual. The talk in Philly sports radio this week is that Vick is not getting the system down, hence his small amount of time on the field. Reid likes to play the good-guy, but even he knows not to play a stupid player in his complicated schemes. I doubt Vick will have much of an impact this year, unless there are a couple of key injuries to the Eagles, like both QBS going down or multiple RBs and WRs going down.

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    The Phillies outscored the Eagles on Sunday - not to pour salt in the wound or anything...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.