1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

4-0 now on a penalty by Ibrahimovic. This is the GREATEST game in the tournament, I tell ya.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDEN!!!

5-0!!!

We got damn RULE!

KICK ASS!!!

Italy next.

Seems like Ibrahimovic isnt overrated after all.

Larsson is GHOD!

Edman and Willhelmsson was amongst the best I have ever seen.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Great performance, this is what football's all about.

Btw, did anyone see the foul that Totti made in the last minute against Denmark ? I can't believe he got away with just a yellow card, he deliberately tried to injure that danish defender. Now that the UEFA has seen this footage, i hope they ban him from the tournament AND sent the referee home, because he's obviously not capable for the job.

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

The Sweden-Bulgaria match was great. How I do love watching Larsson play, that header was brilliant!

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes the best game so far

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    lol, nah. Not the greatest game at all.

Well harsh on Bulgaria is that scoreline imo. Although Larssons first goal was an absolute quality goal. One of the contenders of goal of the tournament by the end, it has to be. Decent performance by the Swedish but the scoreline didn't show the most accurately imo.

Mike Riley had a really poor game. Why was he the official chosen to represent English refs? :confused: .

7. Register Gems: 29/31

Morsmodre, please tell me, which game have been better?

Portugal vs. Greece? Well, Greece certanly played good, but even when they play good, it isn't fun to watch.

Spain vs. Russia? Boring game overall, no more comment needed.

Croatia vs. Switzerland? See above.

England vs. France? Sure, it was pretty good, but still not better. Too slow.

Italy vs. Denmark? You've got to be kidding me.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    England vs France was a better game of football.

More even. More quality players involved. Less one sided. Come on man, much better game.

How can you say that a 5-0 mauling is the best game of the tournament so far?

BIASED OPINION ALERT!

9. Register Gems: 29/31

Even though a 5-0 beating was unfair score-compared, Sweden only had two more shots and a lot of luck, so yeah, I stay by my comment.

Also, while France vs. England had more quality players, Sweden used their players better. If Sweden had met any of those two teams in this game instead, I think we would still have won.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    I felt for Bulgaria. All they needed was a better final ball paired with decent finishing and it WOULD have been the best game of the tournament for sure. As it was, their dire attempt at an offside trap plus general dire defending all round. Plus a dodgy goalie, turned the game into a farce.

Take nothing away from Sweden though. Very good, clinical, performance. Rarely have I seen them play quite so experimentally. Larsson looks as sharp as a butchers knife. Probably because it was Bulgaria though. 'Man mark' is a phrase hey don't understand... well, 'defence' is a word they dont seem to understand tbh.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to add my biased opinion to Caleb here. The France - England match was a deadlocked trench fight while the Sweden - Bulgaria match was a flowing open game, not at as one sided as the result might indicate. Bulgaria had two great chances just before Larssons header and when he score again the minute after that Bulgaria is broken. Just to score five goals in the EC is a huge accomplishment. It doesnt happen every time, especially not when the team which lost was actually the better team for most of the game.

12. Register Gems: 29/31

I think Henrik Larsson have made 7 goals in 3 games against Bulgaria the last time they've met. Once in a U21 game, the rest afterwards.

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Sweden - Bulgaria

Best game so far considering the quality of the game. I love the game Sweden plays with both wing players. That Wilhelmsson was really great, that's one player to keep an eye on.

In the beginning it was a close game with Bulgaria not going under for Sweden. Especially M. Petrov was really good, great passes and individual play was also great, and he deserved a goal which went closely past the pole.

Kudoos to Henrik Larsson, without a doubt the best goal so far. That jump into the air head first and below into the corner, man what a goal. That second of Larsson, for the record 90% of the players would miss that, that was a difficult chance and he nailed it.

My best player of the evening was without a doubt Zlatan Ibrahimovich. He was everywhere, that pass with his heel on Ljungberg (who should have scored) whas absolutely brilliant. The first goal he could have selfishly made himself, instead he passed it to Ljungberg who made it. And that Larsson who could have made a hatrick passed the penalty to Zlatan was just great teamplay (even though the penalty was badly shot).

Congrats to all Swedish SP'rs

For tomorrow I hold Holland as a favourite against germany, and keep an eye on the Czechs because they can, like the swedish, be the surprise this Euro2004.

Apeman off, what a great night for footbal fans :thumb:

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    @ Apeman: Anything the Czechs do will not be a surprise. They have a quality team. No quarters are given when they play. Really physical team who make little, or no, mistakes.

Any team with Nedved (who I rate as one of the best players in the World) will do well. Smart money is on them for the tournament.

Good team.

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Mors- I had a close view on the qualies for the Euro2004 and didn't know for sure if the rest of Europe knew.

But let me ask this, who will go on to the quarters in poule D?

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Czechs and Germany mate.

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Based on?

Just curious ;)

18. Register Gems: 29/31

I don't think Germany will pass, Holland will take their place. Germany have too few good goalscorers in their attack.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Latvia - lol

Holland - Like a bunch of football mercenaries. They couldn't agree to the colour of ****e. I only expect them to beat Latvia.

Czechs - As I said before. Basically, they are a hard to to get the ball in the back of the net against. They play as a solid unit and adopt the route one approach going forward. Nedved caused havoc and Koller and Baros have a great record at International level.

Germany - Always do it when it counts *sigh*. Regardless of recent results, any team with the likes of Ballack, Kuranyi, Bobic, Klose etc. will do well imo. Really organised and with (even at 80 or w/e, lol) arguably the best keeper in the World in net.

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

We'll see tomorrow, but know this and ponder on it well:

When holland wins I will be in your face badly and with a lot of jabs towards the english team which I spared.

When it's a tie I will analyse the game fairly.

When Holland loses I........probably won't be here :D

I'll try to sleap right now but will probably think about tomorrow for the best of the night :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.