1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If France were extremely lucky, then why aren't they in the finals ?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Because luck doesn't always last, and as soon as France lose a bit of their extreme luck, they cannot win.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I think it goes a little too far to say that France is only lucky, then you'd be ignoring their awesome potential of quality players, Considering the amount of worldclass players they have, they simply underachieved this time. Even though the Greeks have eliminated the French, France has still a much better team, with better individuals on all positions.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

****! 100000 fans want to fly to Portugal and there are just 12500 tickets for the game. Furthermore, the travel agents have smelled money and they ask 1000 euros (game tickets included). :flaming:

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Go Rehakles go! It felt so good to see him cheer after the match, considering his bad luck with FC Bavaria Munich a few years ago. And the Greece team is very sympathetic!

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Well, Pac man, it doesn't matter if you have the best inviduals in the world, you still need to play as a TEAM. Football is a teamsport, remember?

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yeah, i remember, but i also stated before, that no matter how good a team you are (ie the Czechs), without any luck, you'll never win a trophy. Euro 2004 only strenghtened my words, the Greeks had all the luck in the world, that and ONLY that, is the reason why they are in the finals sunday.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, the Czechs had rather extreme unluck, what with Nedved getting injured and catching Collina on the worst day he have ever had.

It still doesnt diminish the Greek accomplishment, during overtime it was the Greeks who attacked and created chances.

9. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

3 hours before the game and I'm very nervous, it's almost impossible for me to stand still. Although, the majority of the omens seems to be positive. Rehhagel has won a european cup with Werder Bremen in Lisbon, in 1996 EC the germans faced czechs in their first game and in the finals and they won both of these games and the most important omen of all, the same day 50 years ago, in 1954 WC the germans faced the hungarian "Golden Team" and won in a game that became known as the "miracle of Berne". Let's hope that tonight the "miracle of Lisbon" will take place.

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Got great price at bookmakers for greece to win in 90 minutes, I have a good deal of money on them.

11. Register Gems: 29/31

I am simply put outraged. The Greece supporters were promised 12500 tickets to the finals, but they only got 8000 so that Portugal could take even more advantage.

Where is the UEFA agents when you need them. :shame:

Also, here's a quote from BOC:

Just so you remembers it.

[ July 04, 2004, 21:13: Message edited by: Caleb: The Chosen ]

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's 'are' when it's plural :p .

As a side note, it's a shame one of these sides has to win it imho. Neither Portugal or Greece are good enough teams to win this. It's a big shame.

I think it's down to the much tougher and longer schedules in the big leagues. All Spain / Italy / England etc. players have long season, incl. champions league games. Come the close of the season they are shattered. But these lads had to come to one of the biggest stages in World football and give it their all. Madness.

[ July 04, 2004, 21:29: Message edited by: Morsmordre ]

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

They all had a few weeks off before the tournament started, how long does it take for these fruitcakes to recover anyway ? :rolleyes:

Speaking of fruitcakes..... what a weird fella that Ronaldo. Golden shoes, diamond earrings in both his ears... what's next ...... a pink handbag, high heels, and a purple miniskirt ?

I can be brief about the game.... BOOOOOOOORING !!!

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Portugal and Greece have PROVEN that they are good enough teams to win it, by beating the other teams! What other measure of quality do you need? That's how soccer works. The team that scores the most goals wins, not the team that has the players who played best for their clubs over a long season.

Accept the fact that the other teams were not good enough when it counted.

Don't belittle the efforts of Portugal and Greece. They've come to this tournament and done the job better than anyone else. Good for them. That's what it's all about.

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well Caleb you shouldn't worry about those tickets, I only hear the Greeks.

I am by the way totally in favor of the Greeks, don't know why, probably because they are the ultimate underdog of the tourney.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Yeah. I think that everyone in the world but the Portugese favor the Greece.

Also, Harbourboy, that ain't quite true. If Sweden and England would have won the penalty shootouts, it still is because they are any better than before, it is because of luck.

Also, you can't honestly think that Greece is one of the two best teams in Europe?

On the subject of fruitcakes, I must say that Totti is the biggest one. I mean, he shaves his legs.

Damn, this game sure is boring. Nice to see some excellent defending from the Greek side though.

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yeah, but Totti spits at other players, at least that's masculin behaviour. :D

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bloody hell. Would you believe it.

Portugal have very little quality. Whatever is said, they were the luckiest side in this tournament to reach the final. They possess very little quality.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. 1-0. I hope that this score will stay.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Greece is one of the two best teams in Europe this month, by the only measure that matters.

They won more games than the other teams! If you're going to start saying that that doesn't matter then we might as well stop watching sport.

I can't believe the sour grapes from all you people whose teams lost. Your teams may have been better every other day of the year but they weren't better when it mattered!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.