1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I agree that Holland dissapointed, but to me it's no real surprise, not with this particular coach. We have all the players to play an attractive offensive style of football, like we've done in the past, but this coach prefers to focus of defense, which is the one thing we suck at.

But be as it may, at least we were in the final four, which is more than so called title favourites such as Italy, France, Germany, and England can claim.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oooh, still 0-0. Can Greece do it?

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I have one word: WOW
    Go Greece, that was a great game.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

We have a dutch saying: now my wooden shoo breaks!

Did not see that coming :eek:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow. You would have made a lot of money if you had put a bet on a Greece v Portugal final at the start of the competition! Go the underdogs!

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Speechless. Exhausted like I was playing. The Czechs were better, we were lucky but we are in the finals. I have to find a ticket and a flight cause in sunday we'll burn Lisbon.

ONE NATION, ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM.

7. Harbourboy

Forget the flight. Just start running to Lisbon now! Now! Go!

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

It can't get any crazier than this. Too bad the czechs didnt make it, they were playing great football, Greece is boring to watch. Perhaps that's their strength, make their opponents sleepy. :D

9. BOC

Yes, it can, just wait till sunday. Although, I agree with you that it was unfair for the czechs.

10. Harbourboy

Bah. It's not unfair. The Czechs didn't score enough goals and let in one too many. That's the game.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Hey man, i'm happy for you. Weird idea that Greece can become European champions eh ? Who would have thought that two weeks ago ?

But in all honesty, a team that eliminates Spain, France, and the Czech republic, deserves a title as far as i'm concerned.

12. BOC

I'm totally exhausted, I can't even drive to the the parties that are taking place all over the city right now. Athens and all the major greek cities are burning. I don't care if we win the tournament since we have gone beyond our limits and in the final simply we have nothing to lose. Who knows, maybe Linecker will be proven right for one more time and a german will raise the cup high again.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Heheh... i'm lucky, there's a pub right around the corner of the street i live in. Whenever there's something to celebrate, like last time against Sweden, all i have to do is walk around the corner, and get drunk. :D

Or in case i need something to forget....same story. :D

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Yes it is, but then Denmark became champions in 1992 which has to be just as strange and not that far back at all.

15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

An even stranger thing was the swedish bronze in -94.

But this has turned out to be a weird championship. I hope Greece win.

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sweden -94 was not even close to being as strange as Denmark -92. After all, Sweden drawed against France and won against England AND Denmark in -92.

Also, The Croatian bronce -98 and the Turkish bronce -02 was even more strange.

Actually, all the three medal-winners in -02 was pretty strange. I mean, none of the teams were obvious advancers from the WC-qualification rounds. Turkey and Germany needed extra playoff games and Brazil's advancment wasn't even decided until last round.

17. Harbourboy

"We take the pressure, and we throw away conventionality, belongs to yesterday

There is a chance that we can make it so far

We start believin' now that we can be who we are - GREECE is the word."

Hmmm, those lyrics are scarily apt. :hmm:

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Greece will go all the way. They play a gruesomely effective defensive football. In the other games they had atleast had quite a lot of chances but now against the Czechs it was play against one goal. I would also like to point out that Dellas who scored the goal played very very ugly, no shirt was safe around him.

Lots of kudos to Greece still though, you have to play according to your capabilities and the Greeks do that masterfully.

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Don't get carried away now, the only reason they're still here is luck. Did you see how many opportunities were missed by the Czechs last night ? Greece isn't here because of their extremely talented group of players, Greece is here because of their extreme luck.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I wouldn't call it extreme luck, France had extreme luck, Greece only had good luck.

However, as said, their defence is really awesome and even though Figo played pretty well Portugal really have to get their attack together to win.

My guess: 1-0 to Greece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.