1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Looks like Germany will be going home soon. 1-2 to Czech Republic and 3-0 to Holland.

They should've had two penalties that the referee missed but waddyagonnado?

(I don't really care about how the EC goes anymore.)

Two bad only that two of my three favourite teams are gone, Italy and Germany will be going home while Sweden will probably lose in the semi-final against Portugal.

Portugal
    ----------Portugal
    England
    -----------------Portugal
    Sweden
    ----------Sweden
    Holland
    -----------------------Czech Republic
    Greece
    ----------France
    France
    -----------------Czech Republic
    Denmark
    ----------Czech Republic
    Czech Republic

However, if England beats Portugal:

Portugal
    ----------England
    England
    -----------------Sweden
    Sweden
    ----------Sweden
    Holland
    -----------------------Czech Republic/Sweden. Very hard to guess.
    Greece
    ----------France
    France
    -----------------Czech Republic
    Denmark
    ----------Czech Republic
    Czech Republic

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

There was just one penalty that the referee missed but since the germans were unable to win the substitutes of Czech Republic, they don't have the right to complain. I wonder if even the best players of these german team (Ballack, Schweinsteiger and Schneider) could have a place in the german team of 1990 or 1996.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Don't worry about that, sweden won't reach the semi's. Holland will knock them out in the quarters. :D

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If we beat Portugal in Quarters (not gonna be easy). I don't wanna meet Sweden in semi's. They are our bogey team :( . We can beat Holland np. We have the game to beat the players they got.
    We have a good team though and have scored the most goals in the tournament so far. I think we can beat anybody.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

So can we, it's just who has the most luck and the form of the day.

Morsmordre, i'd like to remind you that England only managed to beat Holland once over the last 30 years or so. Perhaps our style of play doesn't fit you as much as you'd like to believe.

Holland is always pretty succesfull against British opponents, so i'd like Holland to play against england much rather then Portugal. Should we meet, holland could hurt England pretty bad, like they have done quite a few times over the past few decades.

[ June 23, 2004, 23:06: Message edited by: Pac man ]

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG]
    I beg to differ.
    Sure, luck and form is important, but to say that this is the only difference - even with teams as even as this - is to oversimplify and fall victim of a cliché.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I don't agree here. If France 'didn't have lady luck on it's side, it would have lost against england. Being sucesfull in football is depending 40% on luck, and 60% on skills.

If not, then how do you explain Germany's three worldtitles ? You can be as good as the gods, if you don't have at least a little luck, you'll never win a trophy.

Example this year: Real Madrid. I mean... these guys had all the skills required to blow any team away on any given night, but they lacked a little luck, and in the end they were left emptyhanded.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    @ Pac Man:

LOL!

Funny :) . Made my day that!

We beat Holland np. Portugal are my worry :( . Tricky team and full of divers. :mad:

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Good, as long as you guys keep believing that, we got you right where we want you to be. :D

But just for fun... why don't you open a historybook, and look for the results over the last three decades. Then tell me if you're still laughing. ;)

10. Earl Grey

@Pac man
    My point was that it's not just about who has the most luck and the best form, which is what you wrote.

It's about creating teamwork and a good atmosphere. It's about having the most skilled players. These things all work together. A team with the most skilled players, the best teamwork etc can still beat a team that has a bit more luck.

Talking about clichés, how about this one: A good team earns good luck. :xx:

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stupid Germans, cant even beat the Czech reserves. I dont envy the Danes though, the Czechs look *good*.

We will have huge problems with Holland, a little insider information for the dutch here: Our right side is bad, it has been really bad. Robbens is going to have a field day. Also, our left back is suspended and he have been one of our best players, Edman in Heerenven. The first choice to replace him is injured and the other two people we have who can play there are mediocre players in the Swedish league.

Sweden have a good central line with Isaksson-Mellberg-Jakobsson-Linderoth-Ljungberg-Larsson-Ibrahimovic. All the other positions are a bit shaky. Well, our right wing isnt shaky per se, but it is uncertain who will play, probably Jonsson who was good against Denmark.

Enjoy being favorites Holland, we enjoy striking from the back.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol Pac Man, I'm just winding you up mate.
    Nobody in the group stages can be taken for granted. Nevermind the knock-out stages!

Our defence looks a 'little' bit too shaky for my liking. But we are looking pretty good going forward. Gotta admit that one.

The same can be said for a lot of the teams in the quarters though.

Should be some good games. Looking forward to it.

BTW: You seen what ref we got? We got the guy who reffed Russia VS Spain! Only gave out 10 yellows and a red :lol: . We need a strong ref in that game. Otherwise he will be swayed by the crowd. :( . Shame we cant clone Collina! :lol:

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Sweden-Holland is going to be an open game with fifty-fifty chances for both sides. Both teams have some of the best strikers in europe, so i expect some heated moments in front of both goalkeepers.

If Holland won't make it, Sweden would be my first choice to root for anyway, since i've seen lots of their players in action here in Holland. Zlatan is still with Ajax, Larsson played for my favorite team Feyenoord, and is still a very respected personality, and then there's that guy who played for Heerenveen, and is currently on Aston Villa's payrole (can't remember his name though).

14. Earl Grey

[​IMG] Joacqin wrote:
    Ummm... are you sure that's the right expression? :alien:

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Olof Mellberg?

[Edit: loooooooool @ Earl Grey :lol: :lol: ]

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You mean Marcus Allback?

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pac Man, it is Allbäck you are thinking of, rather dull but very consistent. Edman also plays for Heerenven.

Earl Grey: I was looking for a way to say "slå ur underläge" in English. However, I am quite sure that Svensson and Allbäck has a thing going. ;)

18. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sweden will crush Holland

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, if they do, they better win the whole damn thing. :D

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Sorry to break it to you swedish but no way sweden goes to the semis. Sure they played a great first game, but they needed the brilliant/lucky Zlatan goal and a very questionable third game to advance. Now I'm not saying Holland didn't have any luck but they played very strong against the Czechs and the Latvians.

3-0 for holland

Finals: Chechz versus Dutch, and it will be payback time.

BTW

Thank you Czechs, oh thank you very much, Baros rules. We'll see you in the finals.

BTW2

Schade Deutschland alles ist voorbei
    Schade Deutschland alles ist voorbei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.