1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Rooney is some player man jeez. Great game to watch, excellent game

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Damn! I think the french shouldn't have reached the quarter finals. They were playing too weak the matches before. Besides, I'm always for the underdog.

This english team worries me. They are a little too strong for my taste...

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

England was already a strong team two years ago in Japan/Korea, except back then they had Seaman. :D

Now that he's finally gone England could actually win something. :D

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

well, they might have lost Seaman, but hey, Rooney's not shooting blanks...

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] That 'orrible little troll is one of the best English strikers in living memory! I really hope he has a great career ahead of him and avoids the fate of burning up too early, because that's what seems to have happened to Owen.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nah, Owens alright mate.

He's not got off firing on all cylinders (sp?) so far yet. But even when he's not scoring he's setting them up. 3 or 4 assists in 2 games cant be grumbled at. He'll find his scoring boots again :) .

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I wanted to see Owen score. Who was it that set him up for a possible last minute goal for him? Gerard? And how did he miss that chip?? Baaaad luck for him but I want to see more of him.

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Well, I couldn't help noticing that the Croatian defence left him completely alone for most of the match while about 3 were guarding Rooney. Frankly, I would expect he do something with that... But, then again, England seems to play well as it is. Let's see what the future brings...

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The English were really good, Rooney is something else. He have truly convinced me that he is already a quality player. Strange to see Beckham so pale though, I would have thought this would be the tournament where he would prove to the world that he was so much more than just a pretty face.

I am horrible nervous for tonight. I couldnt stand to see this Swedish team not make it to the quarter-finals. 2-2 would be a brilliant result, screw the Italians. They have whined so much and complained about conspiracies that they damn well deserve to get knocked out.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I feel the same about holland, it would be real shame if you don't make the next round after the last game.

I think that Sweden can and should easily roll over Denmark, no 2-2 take russia for example they knew they were out but that didn't stop them from beating Greece.

11. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Whatever makes you think that? Sweden may have better chances of winning, but nevertheless the outcome will be close: Denmark is the only team that hasn't conceded a goal in the tournament as yet. Their defense and keeper are really sharp, any team will be hard pressed scoring a goal against them.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Maybe a poor choice of words but I still say they will win easily.

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

My guess is that if the teams will have 2-2 they both will stop playing football and only wait for the end. If they do that, I will stop supporting Sweden in any tournament or single game they will be playing in.

Such things are only pure bull****, and it doesn't belong to football. Call me a conspiracy-monger but it ain't ****ing impossible.

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

2-2 is a very unlikely score, how does one create a scenario like that ? The Italians are acting overly suspicious again, just like they did two years ago. If things don't go their way, they start acting like a bunch of whining schoolkids. They're ignoring the fact that the reason why they're in this situation to begin with, is that they didn't play good enough in their first two matches. The only ones to blame for this, are the Italians themselves. Instead of placing spycameras around the Sweden-Denmark match, they should take a long good look in the mirror, and ask themselves if they're really worth their monthly paychecks.

15. Bion Gems: 21/31

Italy at halftime:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hahaerr:

(sorry...)

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bion, what was that for? For not saving a penalty? You hafta be a real bad shooter if you are in a national team but can't score on a penalty. I haven't seen the game as it is shown on a channel I don't have, but I will see how that game is afterwards.

And Pac man, why is that scenario unlikely. I mean, almost everyone you talk to here in Sweden wants a 2-2 scenario, the Swedish managers want a 2-2, hell, I guess everyone but the Italians want a 2-2, so why is it unlikely? It is 1-1 now but what prevents it from being 2-2?

17. Bion Gems: 21/31

Sorry, the (perhaps premature) hilarity came from Italy's whingeing that the Swedes and Danes would fix the match, as though they didn't have to concern themselves at all with Bulgaria.

Would the lack of skill needed to win a penalty also apply to Sweden's goal?

Edit: Amazing, amazing evening of football!!

[ June 22, 2004, 22:41: Message edited by: Bion ]

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Caleb, i meant faking a 2-2 would be unlikely. It means that both teams would deliberately allow two goals, which would be a little too obvious, don't you think ?

On a sidenote, now that it actually DID end in 2-2, i think it's fair to say that this is pure coincedence. Both teams could have lost this one just as easy.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, 2-2 is REALLY unlikely . . . .

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

[​IMG] NORDIC VICTORY!!!! :1eye:

Oh man, I almost feel sorry for the Italians. ALMOST. The most overrated team ever is out of the tournament and serves them right. Personally, I can't wait for tomorrow to see if the Italian press blames it all on a giant conspiracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.