1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudiger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wow. That was a gem of a game.

Best, by some distance, of the tournament so far.
    I hope that the Czechs muller the Germans because theres no way Holland should go out after that performance.

At something of a tangent to the topic;
    Does anyone like the new offside rule?
    or even understand it?

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I saw two good games today, IMHO.
    Czechia vs. Holland was great, judging from what I saw. (What was not much, to be frank.)

The germans at least tried to make the game but failed to maje the goal. A pity. But they fought and ran, although the match did remind me of wrestling rather than football sometimes.
    I agree that there were at least two penalties for the latvians (sp?) in it, but hey, blame the referee. Lucky for us.
    :D

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    New offside sux big time.

4. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Here's something for all of England's Football fans who are in mourning.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice match!
    Orange was great, so were the Czechs. I blame both the Ref and Advocaat for the 2nd half. To bad Robben had to leave and I have seen better reasons to send someone off the field (Heitinga).

I know it's just a game called soccer, but still I'm quite disappointed to see 2-0 change into 2-3.

Now lets hope der Manschafft won't win, but that we do.

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

So what is this new offside rule then?

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yesterday's situation is perfect to explain. Davids gave a pass to Robben who was not off-side, van nistelrooy who was off-side but wasn't at that point the target of the pass. Robben goes on and passes the ball to van nistelrooy who on that time wasn't offside, but the defenders of course had not time to cover back to nistelrooy who was standing alone.

They want to make sure that if someone is not participating in the attack during the first pass, the referee won't whistle for offside but in this case van nistelrooy gets such an advantage it just reeks of off-side while it isn't official.

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Great game, shame the ref was such a dick

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, stop blaming the ref. :rolleyes: I don't hear you complaining when the decisions go in your favour.

Interesting games at the moment. Unless Portugal can get a goal soon they look like they'll be catching the early plane home. If they weren't already home, that is.

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So, are England on their way home tomorrow?

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Course not.

Croatia can be a tricky team. But don't have enough quality to beat us when it comes to it.
    They had France on the rocks sure. But so did we for 90 minutes. France took the foot off the peddle against Croatia. They hammered them in the first half.

England will go through. I'm only slightly worried about meeting Portugal in the quarters. They can be a really tricky team. But they haven't put a good performance in yet.

As a sidenote, how poor were Spain today? They just didn't look as though they wanted to win the match. Poor performance.

12. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Guess Spain oughta be on their way home. Lucky for them it's not very far. Ha!

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Spain didn't play good, Portugal played awesome, making them look blight.

Congrats to Portugal and most of all, Greece, for advancing to the tournament stage.

14. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I didn't watch the game because I had to choose between football and a Judas Priest concert and I chose Judas Priest since I had never seen them live. We managed to qualify even if we lost the game and now we are waiting for England or France or Croatia.

15. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

breakin the law, breakin the law... :bang:

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Is it just me that would love a game between Greece and Croatia?

Or Portugal kicking the crap out of the Frenchmen?

17. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

No it is not just you i would like to see my team against Croatia also.
    BTW i believe that the Greek team was shocked from the early goal and did not manage to get in the game untill it was too late. Thank god that our worst game appearred at this game and not before or afterwards. If they had win we would be surely losers in the next game. Now they will try to play as good as they started.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well done, England. There, I said it.

Now my prediction of Portgual beating England in the quarter final still has a chance of coming true.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

Congrats to the Brits for going to the quarters.

To the Fenchmen I would like to say: "I wonder if you would've gotten through without luck..."

If they hadn't their enormous luck on their side against England and Croatia, they would have had 3 points and would be out of the tournament.

Lucky bastards.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Have Wales and Scotland got through as well then? Wow, they done well considering they didnt actually qualify!

And Portugal were the one side out of the group I didnt want to face in the quarters. But we can beat 'em if we play our game. :D

I don't fear anyone. Among the best sides in the tournament from what I've seen so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.