1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oblivion-Your favorite city and why

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I think Cheydinhal is the loveliest city but my favorite city is Bruma.

It is cold and rugged. Reminds me a bit of Alaska. It sits there daring you to complain. "Take me as I am or leave me. Only the strong survive here. You need to be molly coddled? You don't belong here."

There is no pretension, what you see is what you get.

I would like to hear which is your favorite city and why.

2. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I like Skingrad, good wine, and its easy to spend alot of money there(especially with some of the mods i have).

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    It should be the Imperial City, because it's the biggest and has the Arena ( :bigeyes: ), but I thought it was boring.

Instead it's Bruma.
    It's near the Emperor's hunting lodge, has a silver statue of me and I liked to repair my items there.
    The house is ugly, though.

BTW, My character was a Kvatch boy, I had the light armor you get from the main guard guy on during most of the game just for the heck of it.

4. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i like anvil the most, mostly because it's colorful, and is not stuffed with houses like skingrad / bruma / bravil
    the architecture is also the most interesting and it's the only city with ships in the port
    and it has a most interesting count as well :]

also the smith there offers good prices, and mages guild is close as well, so i can recharge my items in one go

Nakia likes this.
  5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Cheydinhal for me. I spent hours walking around the town takeing in the sights.

And the house is magnificant.

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Anvil for some reason. It was where I bought my first house and there were always plenty of trainers in the near by guilds.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Skingrad. i don't know why.

8. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Always liked Chorral.

Has the lizzy woman who trains me in Mercantile, a good Mages Guild/Fighters Guild and a few decent sub-quests.

9. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I liked Cheydinhal for the view and the Imperial City for utility...I do all my shopping there, the Arcane University is there not to mention the most amazingly fun quest in the game (hint: Thieves Guild)!!

10. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Chorrol for me also, i dont really know why, it just has a special charm over it

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I pretty much liked them all the same. Bruma gives me a bit of a Norse feel, Cheydenhall makes me feel like walking around in a southern German town, and so has every town it's own authentic feel. Well....maybe not Kvatch. :shake:

Btw....has anyone played Shivering Isles? I'm playing it as we speak, and it kinda takes you back to the days of Morrowind, familiar Daedra, giant mushrooms in the wilderness, and a city that kinda makes me feel like being in Balmora. Great mod so far.

Nakia likes this.
  12. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I grew up on an island on the coast of Norway. So its Anvil for me all the way.

13. MagnusSK23 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't know where in norway you grew up, but in the coastal city in norway I have spent every summer there are no stone or brick houses. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.