1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN cancelled?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Extremist, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Anyone seen this:
    http://feedback.blackisle.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=27&t=000830

If it is true, then NWN is cancelled. :p :D :D :p

I know you're sick of my spits on NWN. But be realistic.
    Same thing happened with Torn - it started with speculations and Torn really ended up in trash.
    Whatever.

In fact I've heard in chatroom that only MP is cancelled. So to all ALFA members I send one :p
    But it would be a waste to kill whole game because of no MP.

I actually wanted to buy NWN with SP only. Now it seems that I won't buy anything.

Yeah, yeah, flame me - but if it is true, your flames won't help ya. :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 13, 2001).]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Somehow I doubt it's true, I can hardly believe all the preparations like ALFA and other servers would be for naught.

Though if it is, hmm, guess I'll have to play something else then :p

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 12, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, today I read it when a friend posted me a link to a german games site (basically this was the reason for me to look here and to find this topic). There they said that NWN was cancelled ... so what ? Is NWN cancelled or not ?

I actually read it *here* http://www.chip.de/news_stories/news_stories_221614.html (Entwicklung eingestellt = development stopped) ;)

Does anyone knows anything decisive ?

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited September 13, 2001).]

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] It's a hoax. Check the link above.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Thank goodness. Several people complain that games are bad and they would have done things a different way. And now in the works a nice looking game with a promising tool-set (based on stuff we here at SP love) to change things around! But I bet that most of the people that complain will take their lazy butts elsewhere complaining some more about other games, instead of actually putting forth effort to create something they can for once approve of. The few that do appreciate it will come up with some great stuff, and many will abuse it and come up with stupid stuff I'm sure. But I think the good will outweigh the bad. Neverwinter Nights will be what you make of it, so any avid complainers can take their whinning elsewhere or learn to appreciate things one! Arrrghhh go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!!!!!

Whew sorry about that. Got a little excited ;) :D

7. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I cannot understand Extremist, why would feel you better, if Neverwinter Nights were cancelled. I think I understand your feelings about Torn:it would have been a great game and It's a shame that Black isle cancelled it. And I know that NWN will be a mainstream game compared to PST because it will take place in FR, the most popular and (maybe) the worst Dungeons and dragons world. I would have prefered a new Planescape game instead Icewind dale 2. But BGI and BGII were good games though they were a little mainstream, and I wait for NWN, because this game the only one that remains to us. So don't flame NWN, it has no use.
    ALways look at the bright side of life! :heh:

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited September 16, 2001).]

8. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

yeah dont jinx it

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Extremist basicly hates the AD&D rules, and most stuff build upon them, simple

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 20, 2001).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Extremist, I also don't understand yuor point of view. You like BG, BG2 etc. but more important, you like D&D. Why are you against a game that would bring Computer RPG and D&D closer to each other???

11. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

yeah why such bad thought about NWN?

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Speak now, my croation friend. Or be silent for ever :lol:

13. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] He's a shy one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.