1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC's

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bloke with sword, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Are there any new NPC's in ToB and if so where are they please?

PS(not using mods :( )

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The only "new" NPC you can pick up in ToB is Sarevok. You meet him in the pocket plane after your battle with Illasera (sp??).

3. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yup, theres only good ol' Sarevok.
    Dead and alive again for another round of poker with the fates of the BhaalSpawns.

But he is not just any NPC, mind you, he is the greatest fighter in the game. And has his own special move, the Deathbringer's Assault. With a heave-ho, and he slices the head of Demogorgon. No sweat, that is his abilities.

All hail the man who came so close to becoming a God but failed thanks to little brother with a small touch of ego. :D :rolleyes:

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Isn't Demogorgon immune to Deathbringer?

Either way, Sarevok is the best fighter in the entire Baldur's Gate series.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd imagine Demogorgon *is* immune to Deathbringer Assault. Quite a few of the boss monsters seem to be. I remember Sarevok hitting Melissan with it a couple of times and never inflicting the crippling 200 damage he normally got.

6. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh yeah. So sorry about that. But the thing about Sarevok is that there isn't anyone as good as what he does!

7. david w Gems: 19/31

Agreed. He's an amazing fighter but if I had to choice between him and Minsc, I'd go with the madman from Rasheman because he's so much funnier.

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I have just checked it. Demogorgon is immune to Deathbringer Assault.

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

All NPC´s available can be summoned if you click the statues right next to Sarevok.

10. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

To me, Korgan seems a better choice than Sarevok.

11. Telcontar Gems: 3/31

No way, Sarevok has better stats + intresting personality... Korgan is just greedy dwarf...

12. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Depends on preference, actually. All of them are up there on top with Mazzy.

13. david w Gems: 19/31

I've never been that keen on Mazzy. Her voice is a little whiny and in a pure fight she'd never get the better of either Sarevok or Korgan. Or Minsc for that matter.

14. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

She's not supposed to be used as a frontline fighter, unless you spend most of SOA and TOB designing her as such. She's there to turn your enemies into pincushions faster than anyone, barring an Archer PC. And she's damn good at it. Plus her special abilities are good gravies.

15. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Actually, she is supposed to be used as a frontline fighter. Her skills will find more use that way.
    Once you get her she should have 2 *'s in short swords. Short Swords may do less damage than any other physical weapon save daggers, but some have the best enchantments any weapon can have.
    Her archery skills are just an added plus.

16. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Theirs such a thing as non greedy Dwarfs?

As for Mazzy I never use her but if I did I'd change her weapon proficencies, maybe it's cheating, and it's not good role playing to give a halfling a 2h sword or Halberd, but how many halfling fighters are their?

17. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

When I intend of having Mazzy in my party, I go after her right away. You can get her at Level 8 (she'll have ***** in Short Bow and * in Short Sword). At level 9, Fighters get another proficiency, and that's when I start her on Halberds. :)

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I just don't like the idea of a female halfing fighter. She should have been a fighter/cleric with sling and mace... but its not as though the game doesn't have enough clerics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.