1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Ideas

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Uncle Spanky, Oct 1, 2004.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I wonder if you could at least get your characters some kit-like benefits as results of specific quests and thus sidestep the 3rd edition rules, then. If this were made properly, you could practically get a kit (several possible outcomes of a class-specific quest with different bonuses). Well, good luck in advance to all modders :)

Anyway, I hope we'll get to see enough believable (from the point of view of the game) NPC. Frankly, in NWN and especially the expansions, I got enough of unlikely (to see the least)NPCs. Half-orc Barbarian/Sorcerer, Tiefling weapon masters... They can exist, sure, but I'd like to see a group member that I can expect to meet in the game.
    BTW: Still searching for a LG, non-moronic dwarf out there. Anybody seen one? ;)

2. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Playing Irenicus is old :-P I use the IE Editor so much that I literally created Irenicus, I even changed his appearance and sounds in the game. He was basically identical but with like 5000 spells per day. Finished the game in like 5 hours. Kind of a pointless preparation though.

3. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would like to see an NPC with wings on their portrait and avatar, and their paperdoll too. Like Fall-From-Grace on P:T. Maybe they could do Aerie's mother?

I would like to see some more variety in the races, too. Tiefling/Aasimar would be good, or maybe a succubus. Or a half-dragon...cool...

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Half-Dragons would be cool, but they should only be able to transform into a *full* dragon until the higher levels. At the start, they should be able to shapeshift into a teenage dragon or baby dragon.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Please get off the "elven chicks make hot priestesses" bandwagon. As HB said, more choice in the NPC classes. Let's not get bogged down with 4 fighters and 5 clerics, then skimp on the pallys and bards. And do something about the mages, okay? I, personally, am sick of either dealing with a conjurer who can't identify squat or an enchanter who can't cast half the spells in the book!

I'd like to see more than humans, elves and halfelves populating Aber-Toril. I understand these are the more prolific races, but sheesh. Can't we have at least 2 dwarves this game?

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Hear, hear! After all, we all know that elven chicks make hot anything. :D I positively melt for a pretty elf wielding a big sword. :yum:

It'd be nice to have the standard stereotypes (Dwarven Fighter, Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, Gnome Illusionist/Thief, Halfling Thief), but some anti-stereotypical ones like Mazzy might be nice too. A wacky gnome fighter might be good for a laugh, and a half-elven wild mage would have great crazy potential. A halfling cleric would be incredibly bizarre too. :nuts:

7. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] An idea for a NPC

'Big' Barry - Fifty stone and with legs that resemble a pair of doner kebabs that have stopped revolving and started melting. Barry's thick, gutty rolls of skin give him a +3 Armour bonus. But his swollen spluttering face and outsized blubbery breasts incur a -10 Charisma penalty. :D

8. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think they should have a dwarf that was dishonored by his father's cowardice. Basically, Worf from ST:TNG in dwarf form. Make him NG and quick to prove his honor yet uncomfortable in encounters with other dwarves. And give him a nice axe...possibly his grandfather's, who was a grand hero in his own right.

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why cling to the old in the hope that it will be good. it is more difficult to taken an existing npc and do something new than start over. Not perhaps in hours to work on character and image but on new stuff.

There are so many possiblities so why again stick to old. we think that by taking a gnome with you he or she will be like jan jansen because many liked him. I Like Nalia(I know i am a minority) I cant stand Minsc, and dislike Jan. so by using those, or that format you limit yourself.

Just played bg1 for the first time. I had a mental picture of Jaheira and did not find that in bg1. Her line: omnipresent autourity figure in that voice however is great. The two Jaheira's are more sisters than the same person.

"We want a hot drow chick that is nice and sweet like earie," someone said. No she is to stab you in the back like a good drow. remember drow=evil and not all those good drows that litter topside fearun

10. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

BG1 had two dwarves :D

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I wonder if they will let dwarves romance this time, might be fun :)

12. L. Westerlund Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dwarven romances? I can't bear the thought :D

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

How about a bearded Female Dwarven Cleric who is the best tank/healer in the game but constantly hits on the PC and scares away all potential romances. :grin:

14. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

how about Samuel Thunderburp, the retired adventurer nad barkeeper of the Five Flagons. Halfling rogue would be the obvious choice.

Ribald from the adventurers mart would be great too, he is a very powerful retired adventurer indeed.
    Some of the old BG1 mages must have been in some adventures too in their younger days, can''t give any names here.
    And maybe we could see old nasty Mr. Lavol Corthela in his younger days too.

.... Or kangaxx as a lvl 1 hedgewizard, getting ridiculed by everyone and swearing revenge :D

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well we can go wild with the romance thing and throw in a dryad or succubus. How about a three way with a duel at the end? Swords at dawn.

No, elven priestesses will serve just fine. pretty, willing, diffirent flavors. it is just how you do it. The only two things that I mised in bg2 where female to male romances and a Nalia romance. and not Jaheira who is still mourning. The fruits of married life.

16. L. Westerlund Gems: 1/31

I want more of those chaotic neutral lunatics. :)

17. Merlanni

Media:
    Like schrikant's dwarf. that will be something. sings a few songs(not about gold but a hedgehog) get drunk and throws up over the wrong boots

18. Avatar of Ao Gems: 1/31

Why not introduce some new races. How about the Githyanky, or the truly awesome Githzerai. What about the Archons, or Daemons. Now the more unused classes, MONKS!!!!! they kicked arse. I would pvp all my friends in a multiplayer game, even when they got off a time stop before I was able to hit them.They all still trembled before my mighty fist. Anyway, let's think up a quick character.

His name is Arumnish, brought up in a Druid community, rare as they are. Not knowing anything of his people. The Githzerai. Instead of revering nature, the young disciple would spend hours meditating and practicing unarmed combat. After his peers had grown up and left to look over their groves, He barely looked 15. One day, many years later, A traveling merchant was brought into the grove one day. The merchant told of mages who could open gatse to different planes of existence. Before being executed by the druids under their oaths to nature, the young githzerai stole away with the merchant, saving his life in exchange for the names of a few powerfull mages. The gifted monk, he would be called by our standards, meets up with our character durnig an extrplanar adventure, or during an encounter with a wizard.

I realize that I should have spent more time thinking about this, but druids and monks kind of go hand in hand, and I always liked extraplanar ceratures.

19. Merlanni

Media:
    I have a mod in bg2. Silverstar is her name, a young orphan elf found in hotel Jon. I did not play far but she has potential. She is insane which give unexpected conversation. there is a story behind her that you want to know. like is she a clone of the elf queen? Or is the blade she talks with her true mother. A npc is more than a puppet to fight with. You want to know what will happen next.

20. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Insanity is always fun, especially in sword/magic-wielding adventurers who's lives are filled with traumatic events they may relive at any time. We need more of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.