1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nothing else matters cover

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by SleepleSS, Nov 10, 2005.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I just heart an poppy/orchestral version of Nothing else matters by some girl that sounds like a pop diva.

Does anybody know who is responsibel for this piece of crap? In other words: Who is the preforming artist???

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] :mad: Heresy! Blasphemy! Evil! Burn! :evil:

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Whhhat? Banjo to do Mettalica?! What? Heresy indeed! Burn 'em I say!

What is going to happen after that? They will make a classical version of Children of Bodom? Or they will say the earth is Round?

Nay! Burn 'em all I say! Burn Devil!

6. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Worst. Cover. Ever.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

That Bluegrass truibute is cool Falstaff!

Ofelix, did you even listen to that one? It really rules!

But the song I mentioned in the first post is indeed something that must burn!

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I'm not ashamed to say that I actually own "Fade to Bluegrass."

I'm also not ashamed to say that the album does have a few high points. (Not many, but they are there!).

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That reminds me of the rap song they made on Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train". Take a metal classic and make rap with it? HERESY!!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Such treachery deserves only one penalty :mad: To create a rap version of classic metal track.
    Evil, burn!

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, I was rather partial to Run-DMC's Walk this Way, even though I wouldn't call Aerosmith metal.

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Aerosmith are pure hard rockers :D Classic to the core.

13. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What would be the point of making a cover if you don't try to (re)interpret the original? Sure, you can say it's "treachery" to make, say, a rap version of a classic rock song - but I'd still prefer it over a cover that doesn't change a thing.

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] A Rap cover of Crazy train? Who did that, it probably sucks big time but I wanna hear it! Is the killer guitar solo still in it?

And By the way I have two tributes by Iron horse, The first is the Metallica tribute mentioned before the other is a tribute to Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne in the same style. They are both great albums imho.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Probably not. They probably only keep the main tune of the song, then add an overkill of bass, and add a little techno to it. :nono:

Look what they did to 'Every breath You Take'! :bang: They took a good 'The Police' song and butchered it. :toofar:

The only good covers I can think of are Metallica's version of 'Wiskey in the Jar' and 'Turn the Page' :thumb: :rolling:

16. Disciple of The Watch

I don't know who did the massacre of Crazy Train, I just heard it once, and all ****ing rappers sound the same. That's purely and simply heresy. Rap and Metal should stand at least 10000000000 kilometers away from each other.

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

No my friend, we should move rap/hip-hop (and all this so called nu-metal :mad: ) to another planet/dimmension/plane of existance :D :evil:

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

@Disciple of The Watch
    Listen to the soundtrack of Judgement night, it might change your opinion.

Also check out "Nowhere to Run" By Ol' Dirty Bastard, DMX, Ozzy Osbourne, Crystal Method & Fuzzbubble :D

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Let us cast them into the Plane of suckyness

:lol:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Good idea, Ofelix, but don't forget that the plane of suckieness is a Sub-plane

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.