1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No Rest For the Wicked

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Caradhras, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I made a friend. Gorpel Hind and his band of Merry Fools helped us to slaughter a group of pompous adventurers. We didn't even have to share the loot with Gorpel Hind. I wouldn't have shared with him anyway so it's good for his health that he isn't greedy...

We broke into the house of a mage named Degrodel . He said he wanted to hire us. I decided to put an end to his threats. The house was very well guarded but we prevailed.

Pheirkas hired us to steal a cloak from a fat slob by the name of Algernon who was staying at Feldepost inn in Beregost. I got the cloak, brought it to the dwarf Pheirkas, got my reward and then I took back the cloak. Of course there was some new blood stains on it...

I had another dream. My power is growing I can steal the life force of living creatures. I have a power over life and death. Who am I?

Since I didn't want to brood I got back to work. We broke into Oberian's house and got hold of the artifacts. Of course Oberian and Shandalar's three daughters were in the way so they had to go.

Back in the guild Resar tried to kill us but it turned out our fellow thieves sided with us. It seems that we have a family now. The guildmaster seemed upset though.

We interrupted a ritual on the second floor of the Sorcerous Sundries. The mages were angry until they died which didn't take long.

Later on we broke into Sunin's house. He didn't seem happy to have visitors. The rumors were true. He had some nice magic items...

Speaking of which I decided to pay a visit to a mage who had slighted me in the past. We travelled back to High Edge and visited Thalantyr. It wasn't hard to provoke him into fighting us. Exactly what I wanted. I got rid of him and of his flesh Golems. The loot was disappointing however. His most precious items must have been concealed magically.

In Nashkel I awoke a mage called Daer'Ragh from his slumber. He summoned some Phoenix guards. Fortunately I had enough Fire protection potions and scrolls with me.

In Beregost we went to the temple. Shar Teel, Tiax and I got into a fight with Keldath. When the others joined it was too late . I blamed Tiax for leading us into this fight.

"What have you done? Have you lost your senses?!" Jaheira was irate.

"Tiax rules and all the false gods shall tremble for Tiax will rule all!"

"Jaheira, I know this looks bad but when Tiax started to ramble, Keldath began to admonish him and he lost it..."

"This will not stand!"

"Silence you wench! Tiax is what Tiax does!"

"Hush Tiax you're not helping... Jaheira look the gnome is not responsible. He may have overreacted but he said Keldath attacked him nonetheless. What did you expect us to do? Stand by and let Tiax get killed? He is one of us. He saved us all in countless battles."

"I don't believe a word of this. I will stay my hand but from now on I won't let you out of my sight you horrendous gnome! I you stray but a little I will call nature's fury upon your head and woe to those that stand on your side. Do I make myself clear?"

"Tiax will not forget those words when HE rules..."

Since this last event occurred the atmosphere has been quite heavy. I decided it was time to go back to my home, Candlekeep.

There all was the same and all was different. it's only been a few months but I've seen and done so many things...

There is something amiss. Parda told me that much and I found out that dopplegangers are taking over the keep.

I was really happy to see Winthrop . He may be just an old fool but he was always kind to us Imoen and I. Besides it was clear that Winthrop is not a doppleganger. No doppleganger could be that stupid...

At last I got a chance to avenge myself and to get rid of an enemy who had plagued my childhood. I really hated her .

The Iron Throne leaders were in the library. A man named Koveras has been spotted in the hallowed halls of Candlekeep, according to Karan he was reciting the prophecy of Alaundo. That is strange. I shall be wary.

I finally got to meet Koveras . He knows too much about me. Way too much.

The Chanter told me about the secret catacombs beneath Candlekeep. I knew there was a secret, I didn't know that the crypts beneath the keep were the final resting place of the Seer Alaundo. The Chanter told me the catacombs were trapped and warded. Not to be trifled with.

Shistal has been replaced by a doppleganger. They are everywhere!

I made a very important discovery. Gorion had left a letter in his rooms. He told me the secret of my lineage. I am a... Bhaalspawn! That explains the dreams and my new powers. I now have the power to claim my father's essence through murder and bloodshed... It's written in the prophecies of Alaundo that there can be only one Bhaalspawn.

Tiax reacted in the most unexpected way. Cyric and Bhaal were not allies during the Time of Troubles, quite the contary in fact. Tiax seems to believe that it is his duty as a cleric of the Black Sun to watch over me and make sure that Bhaal's essence remains in the void...

Jaheira told me she didn't know that. She said she would help me fight the taint in me. She seems to believe that the bad blood in me is to blame for some of the unsavoury deeds I have committed. She doesn't believe in free will but I do. I will not be bound by my destiny or my father's. I will forge my own destiny, I will use my new powers and I will subdue my foes but I won't surrender to Bhaal's essence. I am Olath Faern. Although I don't like the very idea of confiding in Jaheira, she might be the only one who can help me to master Bhaal's essence and not just be consumed by it now that Gorion is gone. I never thought I would actually miss him and yet...

Gorion also warned me against a man named Sarevok. The name is familiar. He is linked to the Iron Throne. This is no mere coincidence. Sarevok... Koveras. Can they be the one and the same? I have to find out.

We confronted Rieltar and the Iron throne leaders and killed them. Jaheira pointed out that shedding blood in the hallowed halls of Candlekeep wasn't such a good idea. I had to agree with her.

The Watchers arrested us. Ulraunt told us he was going to send us to Baldur's Gate to be executed. Tethtoril sensed that something was wrong and he teleported us to the catacombs so we could escape and set things right.

2. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

impressive, Caradhras :)

3. Caradhras

Media:
    [Thanks!]

We explored the catacombs and faced many dopplegangers. It didn't matter to me that they would take on the appearance of friends. I killed them all the same. In the tunnels leading to the surface we were attacked by another group of mercenaries. They were expecting Sarevok. Well they got a nice little surprise. They had it coming.

The power of Bhaal is growing in me I can sense it. I must be the chosen one. The Bhaalspawn who will harness the power of the Lord of Murder.

Sarevok has taken over the Iron Throne. He is planning to become a Grand Duke. His motives are clear to me. He wants to create chaos and bloodshed to get closer to the essence of our father. I know now that he is a Bhaalspawn too. I will kill him and take what power he has.

I met Gregor, Brunos's son and Cythandria , Sarevok's former consort. They are both dead now. I'm merciless in my quest for revenge.

We found Sarevok's diary. I learnt many things about my *brother*... He hired a couple of assassins to murder the Grand Dukes who could oppose him.

I killed the assassins in the Undercellars and got hold of the invitations for the ceremony at the palace.

We exposed Sarevok and saved Belt's life. I foiled his plans and he got away. But I'm breathing down his neck. He won't escape for ever.

Lord Belt teleported us to the Thieves Guild. Sarevok went through the Maze underneath the guild. According to Denkod it leads to the Undercity.

I must be careful. Sarevok is a great warrior he must have set many traps on his way down there.

At the end of the maze I met Winski Perorate, Sarevok's mentor. I finished him. Nobody will stand between me and my revenge.

In the Undercity we were attacked by a band of Sembian mercenaries working for the Iron Throne. They were after Sarevok. I won't let anybody else kill Sarevok...

It all ended in a forgotten temple of Bhaal down in the Undercity. I was prepared to face Sarevok Anchev . I was careful to stay away from his large sword. Powerful as he was he had made one mistake. He clearly underestimated me. I prevailed. Now Bhaal's power will be mine and nobody can oppose me.

Murder and mayhem. Sarevok's plans are doomed now so I'll have to make my own plans. After all am I not the saviour of Baldur's Gate? With Sarevok and his henchmen gone I'm free to become the real master of the Sword Coast...
    Nobody can thwart my plans for I'm Olath Faern the Bhaalspawn, THE NEW LORD OF MURDER!!!

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Brilliant! :thumb: Rather hasty end, but it is evil and cool at the same time! Congrats!

Heh, you do not have any mods, mainly SCS, righto? For example that red mages were painful when I battled them, and all other battles were wee more difficult, ofcourse, for the quality of writing, you can't just 'quick-load', or due the fact that you are a very skilled BG player... :heh: :thumb:

Umm, do you plan to continue on SoA and eventually, ToB? It would be fun! :banana:

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Great work! Is it possible you could post the ending stats?
    Thumbs up, pat on the back, free beer on me and so on.

SoA! SoA! SoA!

6. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks. It was a bit "hasty" because at the end whether you're good or bad doesn't change the course of the game much and I meant to explore the evil path. You still get to foil Sarevok's plans and kill him.

I play on 'core' (AD&D by the book) I don't like mods that make the game impossible or too challenging. I don't like cheesy tactics and I don't like overpowered items either. I won't judge SCS because I've never tried it but I enjoyed my last game a lot and although it was modded it had no such "improvements".

I've been playing IE games for years and I rely on many different tactics and use almost all the abilities that my party members have. I know what the spells do. I know where the enemies are and I know what type of spells I should expect. That's a real advantage: forewarned is forearmed.

That's why I gave my NE Jester a very high WIS score. Anyway his comments on the Red Mages (for instance) is not a reflection on my part about my game ("dude I totally pwned those Red Mages!"). It was Olath Faern's comment, reflecting HIS arrogance and growing self confidence (not mine).

I hope I answered to Silverstar's questions adequately, sorry about the ranting, here are Olath Faern's stats . He will return! :p

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

OK, more than satisfied... :)

That last one is a screenshot from SoA, right? Immy has stoneskins! YAY! :banana: Can't wait to hear from SoA adventures, there are more evil things you can do in SoA, I know... :evil:

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hehe can't wait :D

9. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

actually I believe thats from BGtutu Silverstar...or this topic wouldn't be in ToB

10. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nice thread :) Doing the same sort of concept myself at the same time..recently started my first evil character with BG (I like playing the goody-goodies). Keep it up!

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Excellent story. Thank you for posting it. :evil: if done correctly is great. :D

edit:spelling mistype

[ May 03, 2007, 22:14: Message edited by: Nakia ]

12. Medillen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I want to play evil charz now xD You gave me the taste of bitter madness and megalomania.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    As was said, very well done, it was an enjoyment to read.

14. Caradhras

Media:
    Thanks a lot for these awfully nice comments, I may be bad... but I feel gooood! :evil:
    I've started to play SoA but I don't have much time now (besides I wanted to try the LOS mod for IWD2 by Crucis). I'll try to post once I get out of Irenicus Dungeon. Olath Faern will return!

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That is good news, I was concerned that you'd lose interest after finishing BG. I look forward to the next installment of Olath Faern.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good news indeed. Since my evil play was in BG II/ToB I look forward to comparing notes.

17. Caradhras

Media:
    I'm Olath Faern, a Bhaalspawn. I was the hero of Baldur's Gate and then I grew greedy and overconfident. Things were going to turn sour but I believed I still could get away with it. Perhaps I could have. Now it doesn't matter. I never saw them coming. Some dark figures cloaked in mist captured us. Powerful magics were at work. I couldn't tell that nightmare from reality. When I finally awoke I was trapped. My memories are still hazy. But I remember the pain, the searing blades and knives. Torture. And I remember the face of my captor...

Imoen managed to break free. We soon found a way to free our companions. Misnc and Jaheira were unhurt but the others were nowhere to be found. We have no idea about the location of our prison or the whereabouts of our jailor.

Without equipment our chances are not that good however...

The *man* who captured us his experimenting, we found one of his servants in a jar . He wanted me to put him out of his misery. I could see no incentive for doing so. Anyway it didn't matter that much since Imoen offered him the release he yearned for. She is too merciful. Well she doesn't have the essence of Bhaal coursing through heir veins and her soul. I'm hearing the call from the Abyss. I have to find a way to master it. I was never trained to harness these powers like Sarevok was...

Later, some dryads told us the name of our captor. The man who trapped us is a mage by the name of Irenicus I owe him a great deal of pain. I will find him and get my revenge. But first I have to get out. The dryads wanted us to free them. I had no time for this. Jaheira began to remonstrate. She is weak. The dryads could sense this but they made one mistake, they captured Minsc to force us to help them. It gave me an excuse to slaughter them. I had to free Misnc. I need his strength to get out of here.

I know that Jaheira is unhappy about this course of action. But the dryads shouldn't have tried to force my hand. I won't let anybody manipulate me. Come what may, those who try to make me serve them shall feel my wrath!

We found a flask on their corpses. I identified it as a djinni's flask. These creatures give three wishes to the one who possesses their flasks.

A bitter disappointment. Malaaq the djinni didn't give me three wishes. But I got Sarevok's blade back from him. Our captor must have sold most of our equipment.

This dungeon is filled with goblins, gray dwarves and mephits. We battled a crazy woman who said that the mage was her creator. We must be wary. I exposed a doppleganger, I know their tricks I have killed so many of them in the catacombs in Candlekeep. There is a guild war going on, the Shadow Thieves have attacked the compound and their intervention allowed us to break free. It's a pity that they wouldn't listen to reason.

We found a group of thieves battling a vampire. I have heard many tales about these creatures. We managed to defeat it but I'm not sure this will prove permanent as it turned into a bat and flew away.

We met another prisoner, a man named Yoshimo who was trapped like we were. He seems to be willing to help us and he has proven his worth already. According to him we might be in Athkatla, the city of the Coin. Amn is a long way from Baldur's Gate and I know that spellcasting is considered to be a major felony there. We shall see.

Once we got out we found the mage battling thieves and wizards. It turned out that his spellcasting was drawing magic wielding enforcers. Imoen cast a spell at him and they were both taken by the wizards. I believe it was part of his plan. Irenicus is not a foe to be trifled with.

Yoshimo was right, we are in Athkatla. Jaheira has been here before. She directed us to Ribald Barterman's shop to buy some supplies. Our paltry equipment will not be sufficient if we are to fight such a powerful mage. I must find allies and money to buy some weapons if we are to get even with the mage and get Imoen back. She is the only true friend I ever had and although she may be weak willed and show too much compassion I won't let anybody take her from me. It is personal.

I used my talents to pick the pockets of the guards and nobles at the promenade. Then I went shopping. Galoomp the Bookkeeper told me about a halfling thief and I agreed to look into this for a reward of course.

In one of the inns of the Waukeen's promenade I ran into an adventuring party lead by an ill-tempered dwarf named Mencar Pebblecrusher. He abused me. I pretended to be frightened and lifted a few potions from his pockets. Yoshimo, Jaheira and Minsc got into position and we struck. I turned him into a squirrel and we managed to defeat them. They had some nice equipment that we could use or trade.

In the street a boy asked us for help. He asked us to find his mother in the circus. Jaheira said we had to help. I relented. There seems to be some magic at work in the circus and perhaps we could find and use it.

In the tent we ran into an ogre with a woman's voice. She said she was a winged elf. She wanted us to give her a sword but she had nothing to give in exchange. She eventually turned on us and we killed her. She wasn't an ogre after all. I found the gnome who was responsible for the crisis. He didn't put much of a fight. It's plain to me that he had been tricked. A girl ran up to us to give us the lamp he had used to summon a djinni. It all makes sense now.

Anyway we headed up for the slums. The streets are teeming with beggars and thugs. A Shadow Thief named Gaelan Bayle had a deal to make with us. He wants 20,000 gold pieces to tell me the location of Irenicus and the mage. I know when I'm being blackmailed. I don't like it but I have no choice for now. In the end I'll have to get even with the thieves as well.

We met another vampire who was battling some Shadow Thieves the fiend killed Minsc before I could defeat it with a wand we had salvaged from the mage's dungeon. The cone of cold killed the thieves as well. Too bad for them I guess.

We took Misnc's body to the temple of Ilmater . It was expensive but Minsc's prowess in battle is priceless.

We went to the Copper Coronet it seems to be the right place to find some reinforcement and employement. I borrowed 5,000 gold pieces from a money lender. He won't see a copper of it. That will serve him right to exploit the poor and the bereft. I hope he will press his luck and confront us to get his money back, that should prove entertaining.

I found another companion. His name is Anomen and he is a warrior priest of Helm. I take him to be the type of self righteous noble who believes himself to be a hero but who has to much contempt for the rabble to be a defender of the people. He believed me when I said I was upholding goodness and justice. I'm certainly striving to get revenge and I certainly do care about my own good. He will probably prove a useful addition to our merry little band. Besides he is a noble from a wwealthy family and having him with us will certainly allow us to get introduced to the noble households. That's where the real money is.

A girl named Nalia asked us to save her father's keep from an attack. I told her to meet us there, if nothing better comes along I might help her. A lord asked us to rid his lands of monsters for 10,000 gold pieces. That's a hefty sum. I decided to go and check it out but I wanted to rest first.

The locals are not very friendly, I got to fight in the arena with a braggart and I met an old shrew who was looking for her husband. He is most certainly a very unlucky fellow.

I had a dream about Imoen and Irenicus. The mage taunted me about my potential. It felt real enough. There is something disquieting about that dream.

A gladiator named Hendak begged us to free him. I agree with Anomen, these filthy barbarians are not to be trusted. I decided to inform Lehtinan. He was most grateful and asked me to make an example of the slave. I was happy to comply. Lehtinan rewarded us handsomely and he was clever enough not to remonstrate about the killing of many of his guards.

We explored the sewers under the Copper Coronet and found a magical weapon, the sword Lilarcor. We left the sewers through a secret entrance that led us right in the middle of the Slavers hideout. It's a pity they wouldn't let us leave peacefully. We killed them all and since there was nothing else to be done, I let Minsc free the children . Jaheira complained that I didn't give any money to the children. I shrugged. Giving them money would be a total waste, it could only encourage the thugs in the slums to beat them up and rob them. If they are lucky they can get to the temple of Ilmater, if not, I will not be held responsible for their fate. Anomen got into an argument with Jaheira, I didn't take part in it but I enjoyed their bickering.

I left the slums for the city gates. In the Crooked Crane Inn I found the rakshasa who was behind the troubles at the circus. The creature got away but I learned the name that allows to control the djinni bound to the flask. I summoned it and asked for one wish . Revenge is sweet indeed!

In the inn we found a secret passage leading to a tomb. There was a lich trapped there. The axe we bought from Bernard at the Copper Coronet saved us from the undead. I didn't expect to find such a powerful creature there. We must be careful in the future.

Once in the Government District we watched a mob busy with a drow . It seems that *good* can prevail even in the centre of the city. Anomen shared my enthusiasm and the bonfire put him in high spirits but Minsc and Jaheira couldn't help complaining. As for me I do believe a good drow is a dead drow...

I visited the authorities and I agreed to help Tolgerias a high ranking cowled wizard. He asked us to track down a murderer by the name of Valygar Corthala. He said he could provide us with information as to the whereabouts of Irenicus and Imoen. I'd rather work for him. I don't trust him that much but it's still a better deal than getting 20,000 gold pieces for the thieves.

We ran into a deluded and misguided smuggler . I turned him in and got some gold. He said he would serve me if I was to get him out of jail. I might do that. I could find some use for another lackey and in some ways he reminded me of Tiax. I miss the silly gnome.

We were ambushed by a group of thugs. They had kidnapped and badly wounded a man by the name of Renfeld . I didn't feel like helping him, it seemed to be such a waste of time. Anomen agreed with me but Jaheira started to complain once again so I decided to humour her. Perhaps there is some gold to be earned but I doubt it. Good deeds are not rewarded.

So we headed to the Docks. Yoshimo seemed concerned about running into trouble with the Shadow Thieves and he asked me to go and visit Renal Bloodscalp to set things right between him and the organization. There is no hurry.

I'm trying very hard to assuage Jaheira's misgivings. She is emotionally fragile and I can turn it to my advantage. I got a little present for her. She is still mourning her husband but she is vain. If I could woo her she wouldn't complain so much about the decisions I make. I'll just have to pretend that I care about her so she can serve me against her better judgement.

We took Renfeld to Rylock. I only got a paltry reward for my time. It turns out that Rylock is a Harper. At least that's what the Zhent necromancer Xzar told us. He claimed to know where Irenicus is. I don't trust him anymore than I trust the Harpers. He asked us to retrieve his bodyguard Montaron who has been caught spying on the Harpers. It seems I can't help being embroiled in their disputes .

There is something fishy going on, it was all too easy to get into their compound. Jaheira asked me to get rid of the scimitar I found in Prebek 's home. She wouldn't take no for an answer. I guess it's a little price to have her by my side.

I was right not to trust the Harpers, it was all a set-up. Xzar got killed by an assassin who had been turned into a bird and was planted in the aviary instead of Montaron. I got nothing for my efforts. Except for the loot that Yoshimo and I got from their compound.

I had another dream about Irenicus. In my dream he told me I had to seize what was promised me. I wonder, could it be possible that the mage is trying to unlock my divine powers to help me ascend the Throne of Bhaal? I can't fathom his reasons for doing so, but I'll make sure to take advantage of the insight I can gain about my own heritage.

We explored the tombs in the Graveyard. We badly need money and looting the tombs is an easy task. I can sense a great evil in some parts of the Graveyard though and I know better than going near certain tombs. It would be a perfect location for the vampires to rest during the day and I'm not well equipped to face the bloodsuckers yet.

A messenger came for Anomen. It seems his sister has been murdered. I shall help him to get justice and revenge. I understand the culprit is a rich merchant. There must be some swag in his abode.

We've entered the Bridge District. A killer is on the loose. The victims are poor and they are flayed. It's gruesome and I suspect some kind of ritual. They have nothing so it doesn't make much sense. I might look into it since there is a reward for the capture of the murderer.

I ran into the halfling thief who stole from the Bookkeeper in the promenade. I brought him to justice with the edge of my sword. Hopefully I'll get some scrolls as a reward for my good deed...

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Excellent Caradhras, I was wondering when you would start SoA. In the meantime I've started my own attempt to see how our experiences compare.

19. Caradhras

Media:
    It was a bloody fight. Anomen slaughtered Saerk's daughter and then we butchered him. Only Yusef, Saerk's son got away. Jaheira was quite angered by this turn of events. It's too late now and Anomen has the blood of innocents on his hands. I wonder how he is going to react once he'll realize it. Revenge has a bitter taste for the weak willed. Perhaps I have misjudged him and he won't bother about the murder of Saerk's daughter. We shall see.

I had another dream. The power that Irenicus is offering is quite tempting. I shall gain power enough to slay him as well when time comes.

We visited Renal Bloodscalp. He had heard of me. It's always nice to know that your reputation precedes you. He had a task for us. We are to infiltrate Maevar's guild and bring proof of his treachery. That should be fun.

Maevar gave us our first mission. We have to steal a relic from the temple of Lathander . This job should be a walk in the park for Yoshimo.

Boo has disappeared. Minsc is having a hissy fit over it. I tried to calm him down but he insists that we should go back to the Docks and investigate Boo's disappearance. He is such a nuisance but I need his muscles and his lack of brains.

It turned out Boo has been kidnapped by a little urchin at the Sea's Bounty tavern in the Docks. The boy directed us towards a pet's shop. Boo had already been sold so I decided to get a replacement . I bet Minsc won't tell the difference.

Smethy, the shop owner, teleported us away from the shop but he seemed to have miscast his spell since we ended up in troll infested marshes. We got back to the city but I'm getting tired of Minsc's whining. We have lost so much time already.

Maevar was pleased with our success at the temple. He told us to report to a mage in his employ, one named Edwin. I've met this Red Mage in Nashkel. I have little trust for his kind but I shall do what he asks for now.

We ran into a man from Jaheira's past. Baron Ployer harbours a grudge against the Harpers and he put a curse on Jaheira. She is feeling weak and we have no idea where to start looking for her foe. The Harpers are useless as usual. Jaheira suggested that we should visit Bernard at the Copper Coronet. I've taken too much trouble to win her over, I don't feel like letting her die now. Especially because of an old coot like Baron Ployer.

I asked the Cowled Wizards for information about the mercenaries that Baron Ployer had in his service. They approached me as we were leaving the Government District. I offered them 2,000 gold pieces to turn them on their employer. It's expensive but the look on Ployer's face will surely be priceless!

Ployer is dead and we are taking a day off to allow Jaheira to recover. We're wasting time but it can't be helped.

We were ready to get back to our adventures when Misc suddenly realized that *Boo* wasn't Boo when he found out that is was having Boolets. The curse of the Abyss be on Smethy's head! I tried to placate him but he left us. Good riddance! I was getting tired of his rambling. I won't miss the hamster but I should get a replacement nevertheless...

20. Medillen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

There are things I havent ever done...

no girls have handed me the lamp of the circus, nor Have I lost boo. Is this due to mods or did I have to do something specific ?

anyway... well

... your sure EVIL xD

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.