1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nightmare Mode

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by War Nerve, Mar 8, 2010.

1. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Nightmare mode is in my opinion the *only* way to play DA:O after you have had your first run through and have a feel for the game. It is challenging, and makes the game significantly more fun as most encounters require a bit of strategy and planning regarding positioning, skills, crowd control etc.

I would encourage everyone to try it. It's not so difficult as to warrant the statement Bioware makes in that you must be a tactical genius to get by in nightmare mode, but it does often present some fun challenges where you are required to use each character to his or her full potential.

Nightmare mode has increased the fun factor of the game significantly for me, and after a full play-through, I would recommend it to anyone.

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I agree 100% if you own the game for PC; on console hard might be just hard enough. Without the extra view the spells may hit allies, etc...

Also, with the current update to PS3 at least Bioware made DA harder but did not fix any of the bugs like the Dagger DEX bug which needs to be fixed for those of us who want to play a higher difficultly.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I thought the dagger DEX bug was fixed in 1.02? at least that's what the changelog for that patch says.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I think Munchkin Blender was posting about the PS3 version.

Nightmare is not that hard actually once you get used to how the game works.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Indeed. Did my 2nd play through on Nightmare and didn't find it too difficult.

Scythesong Immortal likes this.
  6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'm tell you all that the PC version is easier than on the console. The consoles still have an issue with the difficultly setting being all messed up, the dagger issue, and they just made the game harder by allowing enemies to by increasing an enemy armor pentration based on the PC level. How about first fixing the bugs before making the game harder.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.