1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NFL 2008 2009

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Merlanni, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Last year I was talking to a friend on the hockey field and i said that I liked the New York Giants. Not that I am an expert, it was just what i liked at that moment. I was able to let him call of the people from the loony bin.

I can only watch at a pay channel that broadcasts a few games and some college, so there is much that I miss. But I did see some nice and a terrible thing.

First the idiot of round 1. Number 85, need to say more? It even made the new here in holland. A few lines at the last page, but still.

The hero of the week. Perhaps the old man? Did you know that the dutch are called cheeseheads too? Pennington came close, good for the dolphins.

And last, the one we cry for due to bad luck. I know half that half country cheered madly for it, that is sport, but not me. Going down in the first week is not amusing. So my sympathy goes to Tom Brady.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    15 15 colts vikings in the 4th. 18 15. Great game.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  3. Merlanni

Media:
    A new idiot of the week. A receiver started to party just before he crossed the goalline. he threw the ball whit a hint of taunting behind him, but a fraction to soon. No touchdown. One of the Eagles against Dallas.

4. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I didn't watch the Giants vs. Eagles game but I saw the highlights of Jackson dropping the ball as he went into the endzone and the Cowgirlz completely ignoring the ball. A serious lol moment. The way the AFC is shaping up it looks like Pittsburgh is a legitimate contender as long as the offensive line holds up.

I feel no sympathy for Brady. Call me whatever you like but it's just karma imo.

San Diego is struggling, NE lost the only thing that made them a contender, and Indy and Jacksonville struggling big-time to start the season as well. Buffalo is my dark-horse this year. They will win their division and I see them making at least 2nd round playoffs.

My Steelers looked to struggle Sunday night vs. Cleveland but how much of that was due to the weather? I see Pittsburgh having the best defense in the league this year, although it may not show on the stat sheet.

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haha when Jackson did that (the guy who dropped the ball) I instantly said.. "Leon Lett!"

If your way too overly-versed in football from the last decade you'll get that.

6. Merlanni

Media:
    For the NFC Dallas looks like the main contender.

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for the Dolphins.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

ARGGGH I am so upset Brady is done for this year... I hope Cassel can pull a Brady (from 2001) and give us a shot. He is good, but he is inexperienced...

Why don't you feel sympathy for Brady? I would feel bad for any player who tears his ACL and his MCL.. I mean, if Derek Jeter broke his leg, I would feel bad that such a good athlete has to miss an entire season (and I hate Jeter with a fiery passion...).

8. Merlanni

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.