1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New TV Season

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Rallymama, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Well, after a summer that was saved from TV doldrums only through a lovely stockpile of anime on the TiVo, it's time for the new TV season to start! "House" is already running, and the CBS dramas roll out this week - it seems that most of the ones I watch are on CBS, go figure. We pay no attention to sitcoms, and aside from L&O and House and Desperate Housewives, not much on the other networks, either.

House has maintained its standard of greatness so far, IMO, except for Cameron's new hairdo. NCIS and Criminal Minds started off powerfully. We have CSI:NY recorded; tonight brings CSI and tomorrow, Numb3rs.

As for the new shows... we watched "Smith" on Tuesday. It seems to be worth another watch or two, but we haven't wishlisted it yet. We recorded Jericho and will catch Heroes. Ah, dramas... :roll:

So what are you enjoying so far, or anticipating eagerly?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Didn't like Jericho; maybe I'll give it another chance or two.

Like "Vanished" "Prison Break" and "Justice" on Fox. "Standoff" is OK and I'm looking forward to "24". I seem to be watching a lot of Fox this season.

3. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My wife and I are eagerly awaiting "Lost" as well as the different "CSI" series.

I also like "NCIS" so will be watching it as well.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The.
    Simpsons.
    Series.

And a long way behind that:
    - 3rd series of Bro'Town
    - Dr Who
    - Little Angels
    - Supernanny
    - Money Man
    - Prehistoric Park (will let the boy stay up a bit later to watch that)
    - Ghost Hunters (no idea why I like the look of that, even though it sounds ridiculous)

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Does Hockey Night in Canada count? To tell you the truth I really don't watch much regular t.v. and when I do I usually wait until it comes out on DVD.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

House is not nearly as good as last season or seaons 1, but maybe it will as more episodes occur. Standoff is good, Justice is great. Except they keep being not guilty and innocent. At least make some guilty and actually commit the crime, or guilty and truly innocent, or not guilty and truly guilty. 4 episodes with the same verdict and reality? Blah.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm a 24 die-hard, but my work and social schedule is so erratic that I'm never home when my favorite shows are on very often. So I usually wait till about a year or so after a season airs - when they go from "new release" to the standard rack in the video store - and just rent entire seasons at once. I've done that with all the 24's, the first season of Lost and Alias, and the final season of HBO's excellent Oz, which I missed out on when I moved. Next up is HBO's Carnivale.

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

We have watched the first CSI:New York, and :Miami and they seem to up to snuff. CSI: starts tonight and that is set to record as well as the new show Shark with James Woods who is one of my favorite actors. I hate to admit it but I am an avid Survivor watcher and that started last week. As for watching anything when it is actually on, forget it, I use my DVR to recoerd everything and whatch it in much less time by fast forwarding the commercials.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I watch Grey's Anatomy, Entourage and House.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I watched the premire of CSI. Stupid, stupid Kathrine.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    kuemp, were you surprised in the slightest by the ending of Sara's case last night, when the guy was signing for the dead guy's belongings? I certainly wasn't.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of the shows listed thus far, I've only seen The Simpsons and Dr Who.

Monday Night Football, Sunday Football, And Thursday Night Football. Championship Series and World Series. Yep, a new TV season is starting... I don't watch any of the other stuff unless I'm bored.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

After hearing a bunch of people babbling on about how good Heroes' premiere was I downloaded it and I am just shaking my head at the suggestions that there is anything new or unique about it. At least the creators had the guts to mention the X-Men comics. I wonder if Marvel is going to sue these guys like they did the people who made Mutant X.

14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but I'm eagerly awaiting Lost, Season 3. I hope it will be better than the 2nd one. And there's that new show, about the bunch of people who are taken hostage in a bank roberry. The show will be character driven. It sounds promising.

And there's always the ever entertaining UFC shows as well as the Hockey season... :D

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't really watch much TV. All I really watch are the sports channels. One thing I am looking forward to is the series 2 of Rome. Loved the first series.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I heard Rome got cancelled. Could be wrong since I didn't verify it anywhere.

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Rome will likely--though not definitely--be ending with season 2. Season two won't be starting until early/mid 2007.

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The only programs I watched in the last season were the three CSI shows (of which Miami is the weakest) and the first few episodes of A town called Eureka, a bit silly but fun. Then I stopped watching and buy the DVD's instead, and the only thing I watch now is Sport and the occasional Movie.

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Lost, Smallville (already started), and Shark (mainly because Sarah Carter is in it). I am also anticipating the next Rome season, although I have no clue about when it begins.

20. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Did anybody watch the premiere episode of The Nine? (it played on ABC after Lost). It was really weird. It's about nine strangers who are taken hostages in a bank robbery, and they all bond throught the thing.

But the strange thing is that, in the first 15 minutes, you see a bit of every character and how they get to the bank. Then, the two armed men enter, and it skip to 54 hours later when they're rescued by the police. The rest of the episode is set 1 week and like 1 month after the robbery... It's weird, because you really want to see what happened in the bank, and you feel no sympathy to the characters, because you don't know what they went through..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.