1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New RPG Sacred

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dorion Blackstar, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hello
    There is a new Rpg out called Sacred.Its not based on the D&D system,but looks like it may be pretty good.

Check it out here at www.Sacredgame.net

You can only chose between six clases but you can do mounted combat!

The graphics look pretty good.I am going to down load the demo and see how it plays.

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

From the screenshot on there, the graphics look pretty basic and quite a bit before BG1's time but I guess there must be more to it than that considering it needs 1ghz processor to play.

3. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

is it more of a party based RPG like BG or the kind of a slay-fest Diablo style?

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have the demo. I have played the Gladiator through and started the Seraphim. Based on the demo I certainly wouldn't call it a role playing game. It is pretty simplistic. Get your quests, slay everything you can. There are horses :lol: . Not bad at all. It can be done. You can fight from horseback.

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Haha, reminds me of Diablo :lol:

Edit:
    From their fan-site:

LOL, confirms my expectations :D

6. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I heard only good things about that game. Indeed, it had a blasting review from a tv-show which i deem as ultra trustworthy in things like that. I'm thinking about looking into it. Yet, it was also said, that it is cleary a diablo style of game. So, a RPG-lite-diablo style game, no actual RPG, I guess.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

A common response...
    "Well for a start it's not called Diablo 2, but there are many other differences - like horses!"
    :rolleyes:

8. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31

Ok so its not quite a RPG but the horse back combat may be worth the purchase.

Though I wonder what rulest they use since its not base on d&d.Maybe I'll get it and prentend its an RPG.I could make my own story.

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Not until recently that i have purchansed the EU/UK version from gogamer.com and have a chance to appreciate it.

Two other games come into mind while playing this, Diablo and Divine Divinity.

The story, subquests and random quests are, of course, more colorful than Diablo. For example, there is one quest that needs you to get a document undetected. There is another which a brigde is blocked by a guy, i killed him, damn, turns out that he is just a kid who was joking to me, and his mother hates me forever. The available qeusts, i think, is on par with Divine Divinity. Not like Diablo which aimless hacks can also result in a solved quest and you never miss any. You still have to find the correct npc to get a quest, but all the npc who offers quest will be shown on map with different dot color (white as oppose to normal bule).

As for the character building part, it is less demanding than Diablo. In Diablo, you only have a finite number of skill points to distribute (because one can only go up to lvl 99). In Sacred, the main active skill points (fighting skill, spells etc) are added and upgraded throught runes you found throughout. Now this is something new. Even if you start with the same character/race/job, you might force to use a different play style due to randomness in encountering runes. Yeah, your first archer have two multi hit runes early and you are clearing monesters like shaver. But the next time you start an archer, you might just get a spider arrow and you have to work with that for sometime.

And of course, the horse. There are little portals in the game, most of the time you have to use horse to dash through huge area (and the world in this game is huge, i mean HUGE, even bigger than divine divinity). Fighting on a horse is tempting, but it does reduces your ability especially "to hit". From a strategic view, some are better off fighting on a horse (mage, archer).

Overall, a good game, not a must play must buy must own game, but still a good game.

If you are playing this, don't forget the easter eggs, http://sacred-junkies.com/

[ May 03, 2004, 21:52: Message edited by: teekc ]

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm getting a copy later this week. I hear good things about this game, so i can hardly wait.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.