1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New party, please rate:

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Stu...
    WTF? Since when is a fighter/mage not allowed to cast spells in combat? It's not like you switch into your armour when you get into a battle! (Do you?) And since when will a fighter/mage have little HP. A multiclass will only be 1 or 2 levels behind their single-class counterparts, so he'll have almost as much HP as Minsc or Keldorn. A F/M is one of the most powerful characters in the Infinity Engine games!

2. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes, with mirror images, stoneskins and such bestialities.

Anyway, Nalia can't level higher than Imoen. She can be more xperienced by the time you rescue Immy, but you'll reach XP cap so quickly in the higher chapters it doesn't matter. And she's a family, after all.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd keep the gnome f/m in place, but I'd keep him out of danger until you find him some good protection ie. robes, cloakc etc.

4. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Quote:
    I'm playing a good party. I've realized that tanks are more important early on, and then the Mages start to really take over power-wise.

Not if you want to go to the Throne of Bhaal. There fighters are all you need, the more the better. Even in the SoA I wenr through with only one mage (Aerie) and one healer - Jaheira. IMHO her romamnce is better developed and longer than those with other (it takes her forever to get over that jerk husband of hers). I personally always concentrate on fighters and do just fine. Usually like this:
    Main Character - Fighter, sometimes Paladin
    Yoshimo (he can fight)
    Minsc (love him)
    Valygar or Mazzy
    Aerie
    Jaheira.
    Also
    Quote:
    Jaheira could kick Minsc's ass ????
    Have you ever tried to do that? I have certain doubts. [TofB spoilers removed ] - Beren

[ December 17, 2003, 21:18: Message edited by: Beren ]

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Oh most definetly Lady Jah can wipe the floor with any Fighter or Ranger. Cast Ironskins and it's all over. Maybe throw a doom in there for extra quickness. Even without Ironskins, Jaheira will always have a much lower AC than Minsc (especially if you keep him in leather) and if you give her Belm and a Girdle of STR then she'll be dishin' 3 per round and hardcore damage. Before anyone takes offense, try it yourself... I think you'll be surprised.

Erebus...

Why do people keep saying the F/M is weak? Throw a stoneskin on 'im! He's better protected than any other character (Scythesong this is not your que to jump in and yell BLADE ;) )

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    [​IMG] JESTER!
    The party's okay by all means. I've played a similar one myself and as far as ToB goes you'll have enough things to ponder on.

Lady Jah is underrated. I could start a whole thread on how she can be the most useful NPC in BG2, but its been done too many times already.
    It's like an F/M combination with a clerical twist. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.