1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New party, please rate:

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Aerie had wings, y'know.. :) Propably she has told that to EVERYONE. I think she is more Faery than an Elf (Even her name implies that (F-Aerie)). Faeries are shorter than elves, and it is known that females are shorter than males, so there would be a good chance that Aerie and Gnorman would be the same height.

2. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

All in all it's what you want, half the fun in this game is playing with bad parties and discovering what went wrong!

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Aerie has an elf avatar, and her description says elf. Aerie could also be a modified form of aerial, a word for flying.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Avariel are Elves with wings in the D&D game. Aerie is an Avariel.

She can romance a gnome, probably because of Uncle Quayle. She's learned to love him, so why not take it a step further into romantic love?

5. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

:yot: Aerie is also an alternative spelling (British English I believe) of eyrie, a bird nest in a high place.

I gave your party an 87. It has a good beat and I can dance to it.

6. Klorox

LOL! Only a B+... how do I get an A?

7. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I made up the number since I was just having some fun. :D American Bandstand was a fine show.

I generally don't comment on topics like this because everyone has their own style of playing. I follow the Minsc philosophy: "Magic is impressive... but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!" I run very melee-heavy, very few buffs, and generally only use mages for removing combat protections. I would drop probably both Anomen and Jaheria for Minsc and Valygar/Mazzy, since Aerie can handle all of the party's cleric needs, and the mage bits are covered by Aerie and your PC.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Gnomes are typically 4 to 5 feet tall. Aerie is probably 5 feet tall, since she's a female elf. She's also got a kind of look about her that's hints she's pretty short.

Aerie and a gnome could be pretty close in height.

I really don't think she's a fairy. And what the hell is a faery? Like Faery-fire? I've never seen it spelled that way before.

9. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

That is the traditional spelling. Anyway, you can keep Jaheira, drop Anomen (see notes above on too many spellcasters.) and pick up Korgan!!!

I can't beleive no one has promoted the great fury from below! Korgan is an invincible warrior that can take you all the way home, and has the best conversation out of any of them.

You dirt eatin daisy lovers!

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Perhaps nobody's suggested Korgan since it looks like that party will be good aligned. Plus Korgan will try to kill Aerie.

11. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I understand him.

12. Klorox

I'm considering dropping Minsc, and adding Mazzy.

How's this look:

Gnorman (Fighter/Illusionist)
    Aerie (Mage/Cleric; romance; fast cure spells with Robe of Vecna)
    Jaheira (Tank/Druid; Jaheira can raise dead, while Cernd can not).
    Mazzy (mini-Tank; great ranged combat, adds a tiny bit more healing -- there's no full-class healer in the party)
    Keldorn (Tank; he's my favorite NPC)
    Imoen (When I get her; Yoshimo covers thieving stuff until then and gets dropped for "Personal quests")

[ December 10, 2003, 17:52: Message edited by: Klorox ]

13. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Looks a better party. Minsc is a good fighter, but Mazzy is much better. You will need to get her a belt to be better in melee, but she can be the best fighter in the game. Plus, Keldorn is a better choice then Minsc - his abilities are better and he's worth it just for the sword.

14. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

your modified party seems fine. Just don't rely too much on Yoshimo as your Thief. You never know...

15. Klorox

Or sometimes you do ;)

16. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You know, Mazzy can't heal others.
    Your party looks fine. Keldorn and Mazzy should have quite a few conversations here and there.

17. Klorox

No, I did not know Mazzy could not heal others. I had assumed her 'Lay on Hands' ability was identical to the Paladin's ability.

Are you sure she can't heal others? Because that will definitely be the clincher here...

18. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just take who you like... I always do that.
    f.example:
    fighter
    Minsc
    Aerie
    Viconia
    Jaheira
    Imoen

Magic is impressive, even when Minsc leads...

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

wtf.
    you need a character capable of casting higher level mage spells.
    you realise that your pc cannot cast spells in combat, will have little hp and will die very, very easily in melee combat.

keep Jahiera and Anomen as they work well together
    keldorn is a good tank and can soak up plenty of dammage.

You IMHO need to reshape your spell casters especially your pc.
    I would recomend that you be something other than a gnome and definately something diferent than a fighter/illusionist.

I would recomend and archer as your pc and having Jan as a thief/back up mage and Nalia as your mage as she can get to higher levels than Immy

20. Klorox

Is that true? What if you rescue Imoen ASAP?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.