1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New NPCs?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Virus, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] BG2,4 Cd's, why just not make 5? My idea is that there is a lack of NPCs acording to your alignement, just 3 bad guys... all is designed just to be almos good...
    Solaufein, well, didn´t has Bioware's touch, no really good chatter, hey man, you did a grat job, but, I would like to have more NPCs from the makers of the game...

2. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, you're not going to get them. So you can either take the mods, or not.

3. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ Spelladonna: There actually is an Drizzt-Mod. Unfortunatly for the most of you, it is in german.

MfG

4. Virus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I totally agree here. It would be fun to see if Kagain finally got lots of gold and what happened to Xan...

5. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

And Alora, the most comical NPC from the first game. I was disappointed she didn't make it through to BG2.

6. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That poor woman would need lots of therapy afterwards, though... :(

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If we found the existing files and added a few dialogues it might very well be possible.

I started a simular topic in ToB. If anyone has it or is getting it it hasa few things.

but as to the BG1 NPCs coming back, I think it would be brilliant though some would not be able to come back, by saying before 'all NPCs' I meant those that were possible or at the end of everything having a video or something saying what happened to them.

8. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG]
    If Xan didn't die in BG1, then I would as sure as hell have shot him up the arse with a big fat crossbow in BG2. :rolleyes:

How about one or more of the member's of Mae'Var's guild as joinable thieves? I seem to recall there being a lack of thieves (just so you had to use Yoshimo, heh). How about that woman, second floor... wassitsname, speaks in a sexy voice. That would be cool.

Or a cowled Wizard! Now there's an Idea. Loads of dialogue oppertunity in the Planar Sphere quest! :)

9. dshadow Gems: 8/31

I'd have liked to have some of the Knights of the Radiant Heart join with me. After all, you're off to fight an evil spellcaster who caused a massive disturbance in the city - you'd think they'd be happy to come along and give you a hand.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Um, they do don't they? They'll come with you to finish off Bodhi's coven if you ask them. Plus, aren't you forgetting about good old Keldorn?

If variety is what you're after, I too would have liked to see more 'knights.' That's why I was hoping for the Knights of Solamnia from the Planar Sphere.

11. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Old topic, but here goes. For anybody who wants to play with their old BG1 buddies, it's fairly simple, albeit time consuming. Decide who you want to take along from BG1, say Coran, Shar-Teel and Kivan. Use various BG1 editing tools to remove the character sound sets and possibly custom scripts as well. Move them to the appropriate places in the BG2 directory tree. Create a multiplayer game and create the characters Coran, Kivan and Shar-Teel. Because this is BG2, feel free to assign character kits: Kivan as an Archer, Shar-Teel as a Beserker or Wizard Slayer - whatever you like. Use Shadowkeeper to reproduce their stats (e.g. Coran's very nice 20 DEX); given that Jaheira and Minsc had their stats slightly upgraded in the transition to BG2, there's no reason you can't do the same with yours. I've just thought: Garrick would have to be a Jester, wouldn't he?

For consistency, you might not want to do this with Khalid, Dynaheir, Tiax, etc.

12. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

:yot: In one of my BG1 games, I had a party of neutrals (Jaheira, Branwen, Garrick, Safana, Xan) led by a true neutral male elven fighter. Naturally, I had to off Khalid in order to keep both Jaheira and my "neutrals only" theme, so once while we were on the south end of Beregost, I had Khalid knock on someone's door to ask for directions, and, well, long story short, he ended up getting the nastiest spider bite(s)!

So you can imagine me laughing so hard as to fall out of my chair when Jaheira starting coming on to me in BG2...! :lol:

13. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bwahahaha :cool:
    More evil Characters eh? How about Firkraag turning into Human form, causing Chaos and Havoc with you(could be possible, PC conviencing him to join the group to cause death, gain treasures etc etc etc.). But dunno how it'd work if he could turn into dragon though... any ideas? :D

Or othwerwise have the Silver dragon from underdark venture with your goody goody characters to save the world and make peace? Kill all the evil dragons etc etc? :D

I'd find that either overpowering or interesting :D Could add some restrictions to the dragons etc. :)

Or could have romance with the silver dragon (good ol' Sir Karl in Dragonlance: Death Knights of Krynn) :D

DRAGONS rule! demigods! yeah! :D

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It'd be nice if with an expanded Thief Stronghold (other than the one already available) you could take a prodigy thief (one of the five maybe) under your wing and teach him the ways of being an evil or "good" thief. That would really add lots of depth to the game.

Along those lines, what would be cooler than having a prodigy Mage, Paladin, Cleric, of any class from each of the strongholds. (Have 3-4 guys in each stronghold that you can pick, each of a different class.)

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I'd like to see a goblin NPC. Someone like Weenog, from Icewind Dale. Weenog was very entertaining.

Weenog
    Thief or Mage/Thief
    Str - 12
    Dex - 19
    Con - 8
    Int - 16
    Wis - 9
    Cha - 10

Bonuses:
    +50% to pickpocket/stealing skills
    Can poison weapon like assassin
    Can put 5* in short swords and daggers
    Gets +2 backstab bonus with short sword or dagger
    Can cast spells wearing leather armour

Disadvantages:
    Susceptible to fear and panic
    Party reputation -4

Something like that.

16. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if any one finds a mod where you caan use kivan please tell me

17. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Well you CAN create Kivan, albeit a pretty useless version of him...

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Kivan") I believe you can also use this to create very strange versions of Boo, Drizzt, and Gorion. How do people even figure this kind of stuff out in the first place...

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] simple - creature files are stored in the game. If you find a way to look at them you can summon them in the game for a laugh.

On SP I believe there is a mod to bring back some of the NPCs from BG1, not sure though, check.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I was thinking of extracting Weenog himself from IWD2 and making him a playable BG2 NPC. Might be something to do for the One-Day NPC thing.

20. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually, i'd like to see Boo as an npc. Just Boo...separate from Minsc. Just for comedy value. I mean i know that "Minsc and Boo are Minsc Boo.." But i'd just like to see - to *really* see - what it's like to watch Boo "GOO FOR THE EYESSS!" Plus you'd no doubt get a whole bunch more of dialouges, with Minsc translating and all, which of-course would be hilarious. UBER RESPECT TO MINSC!
    Maybe they could even have tag-team style moves like...
    Ok, i'm wandering too far...i'll stop...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.