1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Neverwinter Nights 1&2 Community site

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Topken, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

There is a new site for Neverwinter Nights 1&2 mods and hacking its called Neverwinter Nexus and can be found here http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/

I bring this up because the nexus suite of sites is known for their mods for The fallout series and for the Elder Scrolls Series and since it looks like IGN is starting to neglect their own fan based sites we have no idea how long the Neverwinter Vault is going to be actively maintained and its nice to have a new site that is fan run instead of maintained by a company like IGN.

So I figured I would let you guys know about this cool site.

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Learned it yesterday.
    As an Nexus user and NWN fan, I am happy about the new haven for NWN mods and people!

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Maximus has replied on NWVault that it's not going anywhere so I think that this is rather premature... just like sites competing with NWVault in the start all died later on the idea of coming up with a competitor to NWVault 10 years after the game's release is rather silly. I can only guess at NWVault's size but I wouldn't be surprised if there were thousands of terrabytes of data in terms of downloads alone. If Nexus can back all that up, great... if not, I'm not sure what the point is besides presenting itself as an alternative to jump on to in case NWVault suddenly closes down. Which is really extremely unlikely as it is mostly automated and they're making money from it so they'd have to be crazy to close it down.

4. Topken

It would help get rid of some of the smaller crappier mods that are on NWVault Tal which would be a great thing as That site seems to have accumulated a lot of unneeded files and mods that are crap in quality and that have gone no where from their start. And since the Nexus site is a major player in terms of Elderscrolls and Fallout mods I do not see the Nevewinter Nexus dying any time soon either for their reputation is quite known in the modding circles as being a quality site

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wasn't suggesting Nexus is going to die, but the fact is it will now cause a split in the community because people will have to check two sites instead of one and manage their files in two places. Not to mention the confusion because some mods will be uploaded to only one of the sites and not the other, etc. Same thing as with NWVault and other competing sites initially. But I guess that's the price of having a "backup" community.

6. Topken

Forgot to mention some mods are coming over to the nexus site from the bioware forums as well. I wouldnt be surpirsed if the nexus site does become as big as NWVault honestly since the nexus sites in general are already big with the other games.

7. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It looks pretty empty so far.

Hope that more will join.

This layout is much preferred, compared to the vault-

Perhaps the community just isn't so big anymore ?

8. Taluntain

Media:
    This long after the game's release, that's to be expected...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.