1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Message Boards Now Open!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

ROTFLMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's an instant classic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...that sounds like the typical Chev post. :shake: :lol: :rolling:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    There are threads in them that you've looked at before, but not since they've had new posts. Until you check them, the forum markers will be lit, as there are literally threads there that have been active since you've checked last. This is simply a consequence of views being kept meticulously now; just because you don't look at a thread doesn't mark it as read when you close the boards, as it's worked in the past.

However, you can easily mark the entire forum read if you're not interested in those threads. On the forum thread listing page, look for the "Forum Tools" dropdown (to the left of "Search this Forum"), and select "Mark This Forum Read".

You can do it for the entire board at once by using the "Mark Forums Read" link above the Who's Online table on the front page of the boards.

[Copied here from Whatnots because it's probably a common issue. -Tal]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And the front page news is back too... and online users displays on the site pages.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I like the new borders! The forums look quite classy now.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Those are the Christmas decorations. :lol:

7. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Hello Tal,

I just tried a search for "F/M", and I see that vB is still not recognising "/" as a valid character and thus the search string doesn't satisfy the 3-character minimum requirement.

Not really a big deal, but I guess it's something for you to look into in the future.

Thanks.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, I haven't forgotten about that, but it's more complex of an issue than it appears, because / and a bunch of others are characters excluded on the MySQL level. There's not much reliable information on how to include them without an inordinate amount of trouble, unfortunately. I'm still looking into it, though.

9. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Hmm, I'm not really proficient with databases and MySQL, but this site may help:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-syntax.html

That's for MySQL 5.0, I believe the relevant documentation for 5.1 and 6.0 are in the sidebar to the left.

Also, if the backend is using a regular expression style search, I'm pretty sure you can escape those special characters by prefixing them with a "\" character, or there should be a way to enter a search string as a raw string where all special metacharacters are ignored.

Just throwing a few ideas around.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Nope, that's not it, it's an issue with the Fulltext search, and one that mysql.com isn't much help with.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just noticed this - why do I have two green boxes beside my Rep Power of 9 (which I could have sworn was 8), whereas everyone else seems to have only 1 box?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You are an accountant, Splunge. :D Maybe because you keep double books you get double boxes?

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, that would make sense, except for the fact that JSBB only has one box.

But maybe he's not a very good accountant, and gets only one. :p

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Or maybe Splunge's services to Bhaal have earned him twice the reputation he used to have. Then again, it could also just be "creative accounting". ;)

Nakia and Harbourboy like this.
  15. Taluntain

Media:
    As your reputation goes up, so does the number of icons. Apparently your rep is the highest at the moment - congrats! ;)

16. Splunge

Media:
    Holy crap!

Actually, now I remember. IIRC, it's one rep power for every 100 rep points people give.

I must say, I'm flattered. :) Of course, it probably helps that I've figured out a way to give myself rep points. :p

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How many of those new members are actually clones that Splunge has set up to be his own Reputation Rent a Crowd?

18. Splunge

Media:
    You are all figments of my wildly creative (for an accountant) mind.

:p

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    To change the topic from Splunge back to the New Boards now open:

Tal, are you aware that I can rate a thread as many times as I want or at least more than once.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Hmm, interesting. I'll have to check if the subsequent votes actually take.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.