1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

new guy here. couple questions

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Eyebreaker7, Jun 28, 2008.

1. AjaX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Undeads are meh. The only serious challenge is early chapter 5 (won't say further). And that can fairly easily be beaten anyway, even if you don't have a Turn Undead user. There are certain weapon(s) the game will toss in your way before these encounters. Use them.

2. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    ok. thanks guys. much appreciated. now i know not to worry to badly about CHA :p

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    my rogue has a 27 search yet he NEVER finds traps. yes i'm using the search button :) why can't i find any traps?

4. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] each round he 'rolls' to find a trap, I generally wait 5-10 seconds if I think there might be a trap, if he doesn't make the 2nd roll, he probably won't make the third either. Or there's no trap.
    If you move too fast over an area:outta:, you have a big chance you're crossing a trapped space before you even roll the first time. Then I'd say, slow down:hippy:.
    I can't think of any other reasons.

5. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I'd either change Klepto to a Tiefling or change him to a Rogue/Wizard. The reason for that is that Neither rogue nor fighter is the favoured class of Drow, so you could get big XP penalties.

Otherwise, looks fine. I'd suggest changing your Paladin to a Fighter 4/Paladin, but thats up to you.

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    i have tried detecting traps that i KNOW are there and still have no luck. i know they are there because they have triggered and i have reloaded for one reason or another. yet i can not detect the trap. also when i try to detect a trap that might be there and nothing happens and then i open the chest only to have a trap spring, it gets a little annoying.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Maybe your thief has a script which overwrites the search commands you give him ?

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    none of my characters have scripts.

woohooo! i finally found a trap.

---------- Added 3 hours, 11 minutes and 59 seconds later... ----------

i missed the bag of holding back in chapter 3 i think it was. i'm in chapter 5 now. how can i get it? is there a way to put it on a vendor so i can buy it :confused:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The easiest way would be to just console it in... you can dump the cost equivalent on the ground if you want to be terribly fair... or donate it somewhere. :D

10. coineineagh

Media:
    bag of holding was in a container in shaengarne bridge.
    mercenaries' sack is sold in kuldahar.

the sack can't carry bastard swords for some reason, maybe the Improved Bastard Swords component causes this.

missed it? just cheat it in (00hbgb01), you should have had it by now anyway.

11. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    i seem to have lost nheero. the guy in the prison that turns into a histachii after you get him his brew. i met him in the breeding chamber like he said. he told me that the potion would only last for 4 hours and not to bother him until after that. well i rested for 8 hours (is there a way to rest for less?) and when i "woke up" he turned back into his human self and disappeared. he didn't walk off and disappear. he just went *POOF*. i went back to the prison where he was kept but of course he wasn't there. i need to get a brew for myself so i can get past seeth's eye. anyone know where he is?

12. coineineagh

Media:
    he told you to meet him in a library. depending on what you told him, he can be in one of two libraries.

13. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    DOH! your right. he told me to meet him in the library. i should have checked my journal now that i think of it. sorry for wasting your time. but thanks anyway. much appreciated :)

14. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heres a weird one, when my party got to the black raven monastery we had to go talk to the head lady. As my characters are going thru the doorway to the hall in front of her room, only the first character was able to enter. It was like the door had closed bu nothing showed on the screen.
    I used the one character to talk to her & complete that part of the mission but she could not get out of the hallway.
    The doorway was acting like a wall!!
    Finally just exported her, went to the character arbitration(sp?) screen & removed her from my party, saved & then imported her to the pary. Bingo! she was now on the right side if the doorway!! We than went done to the eight chambers. Just a really weird experience. Anybody else ever have this happen??

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, it's a known bug (possibly fixed in the official patch). You should have just used the character teleport console command for an easy fix.

16. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    i had a problem with thorasskus the final yaun-ti at the end of level 3. i would beat him up real good and he would cast sanctuary and run through the hole leading to the treasure room. but when i followed to the treasure room he was gone. i had to reload a couple of times with the same problem. i finally just ctrl+y killed him so i could get to the next level. sure do wish i could have gotten xp for him.

17. AjaX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Use Disintegrate, Finger of Death, or Chromatic Orb on him. Repeatedly if need be. They're the best to disable him quickly.

18. coineineagh

Media:
    a bit of patience, or reading a walkthrough, would have been better.
    If you don't succeed in killing him before he escapes, you're in for another exciting battle in the centre of the map. He's back, with reinforcements.

19. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    i just reread the walkthrough and i don't see anything that says he goes to the center of the map?

20. coineineagh

Media:
    there are numerous walkthroughs. i remember reading one where this isn't mentioned either. in normal mode i managed to kill him before he left, but finding out the other course of events in HoF, I wish I'd let him run!:(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.