1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New D&D Game - The Temple of Elemental Evil

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Taluntain, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] :cool: A return to the classic's :D As long as they learn the PoR2 lesson it should be great, now I must keep an eye out for news on it, although I have a feeling the news will be here before I see it, never mind, I'll see it here :)

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

True, but it isn't a BIS or Bioware title.

Like I said before this isn't its name.

POR2 is a good game goddamit!!! :flaming: ;)

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sounds like you guys just want to play the games you've allready got. Give the new game a fair chance (even if it is completely different from what we're used to), and stop comparing it to the old classics before we even have an official announcement on it's development.

[ December 09, 2002, 18:05: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

hehe you said yourself that after playing it you found out it kinda sucked Z ;)

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Yes, but once you get past the first dungeon it opens up. Plus I loaded on the 3rd Edition rules fix mod. It's still by far not as good as BG2 or anything but I quite like it.

6. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This might be good.It would be great to play some games in the Greyhawk campaign setting.Still my favorite world.
    Imagine if they do the Slaver Series or Against the Giants.That would be too cool.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Tal and SP team ... are you going to start edumacating us on the dieties, geography and history of Greyhawk? You know we'll be asking ....

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] If I have any Fantasy/RP expertise, it would be in Greyhawk...Ask away!

In the meantime...Maybe this will whet your appetite:

http://www.greyhawk-codex.com/

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The D&D core manuals are also Greyhawk.

11. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

[​IMG] The Temple was one of the first modules I played in and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

12. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It could also be like Heroes (although not out, its still a mindless Hack and Slash like PS2's Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance)

13. zio1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ay me this makes me feel old to say this..... Temple of Elemental Evil was one of the original AD&D modules for 1st-3rd level characters, as my creaky memory serves. It segued very nicely into the Slavers of the Sword Coast series (the original Greyhawk Sword Coast, that is). I think it was around 90 or so that they decided to combine the series all the way from the pre-existing ones to ToEE to the Slavers, to the Giants, to the Queen of the Drow, leading you all the way into the "original" Underdark (Menzoberranzen comes to mind....) and Llolth. It was where my first characters cut their teeth so long ago. I have waited and longed for a version in the Infinity Engine -- wasn't disappointed by the Baldur's Gate series at all, and I think this would make a fine addition to the collection. I am among those who liked the Greyhawk world better than Faerun, too. I've seen a few titles in the SciFi/Fantasy section at the bookstore that have taken the titles of these old modules - White Plume Mountain, Temple is there too, Tomb of Horrors.... haven't bothered to read them. Personally, I'd love to see these old "classics" ported to the computer games.

Damn I'm old....

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yup, no doubt about it zio, but they might make TToEE a sensless game of bloodlust, and nothing like a good RPG.

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

so could someone just clarify exactly what this 'Greyhawk' land is?
    Am i right in thinking it is an ancient sword coast, a prehistory before the onslaught of the Baldur's gate series?
    Or is it an entirely different world?

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's a totally different world. It was created by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson for the original dnd game...Many years ago.

I think the Temple of Elemental Evil was the first place that was created from the world...Everything else sprung up from a little town called Hommlet. CHeck the link I placed above for more.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Slavers of the Sword Coast ... I remember that ... I loved that module!

Finally, its revenge time for the older-set of gamers around here. I've been looking stooopid because I don't know 3E or Forgotten Realms lingo ... now you're on our turf! :evil:

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Two things on Arcanum:
    - pretty bad graphics
    - everything else = awsome!

If this will be included in TTOEE, I'm buying it!!!

One thing, if you haven't played Arcanum, and you hate sacrificing story for graphics, consider buying it. I promise you loats of fun with it!

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If it's D&D, I'll try it.

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sounds quite good - hopefully there will be a demo before it's realeased.

My mother is fed up of buying games that don't work or are never played ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.