1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 31, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Azirath)

Derek French, Assistant Producer:

Game running on Rage 128 Mobility 8MB RAM:
    It MAY run, but the low video RAM will really hurt you for texture memory. I would expect there to be a lot of downsampling and texture thrashing with an 8 meg video card on any current video game.

Matrox G400 MAX 32MB RAM: I remember that Matrox released some very good drivers about 3 or 4 months ago. I know it cleaned up a bunch of OpenGL issues for their card. My current SWAG is that the G400 would be considered in the same league as the TNT2 and Voodoo 3. This is of course subject to compatibility testing at the end of the project.

Trent Oster, Producer:

Familiars:
    We have a number of different familiars in NWN and the major differences between them will be hit points, speed and stealth abilities.

I'm kinda fond of the bat. Possess the little bugger and boogey around the dungeon.

NWN Book: The Wizards fellows did a number of short stories for the book. It is in a sense a complilation of tales from before the game, with some events touching the happenings in the gameworld.

Factions: Every party is its own faction. So, if you haven't formed a party with anyone you are your own faction. What you do in the game will have no effect on other player's faction standings.

Don Moar, Lead Programmer, Tools:

Encounters:
    The encounter system will do its best to ensure that the orcs do not appear in the line of sight of any PC. You will also have to the option of specifying spawn points when you create the encounter in the NWToolset. So, for example, you can position the encounter just outside the door to a room but put the encounter's spawn point inside the room, behind the door and out of sight of any PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.