1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Tips for Rome Total War (PC)

Discussion in 'Total War Series' started by Ofelix, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm nearly done with my Italian campaign but am losing interest right now. Just saw 300 and am thinking of using Greece and taking over the world using only armored hoplites :D

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If you are getting bored with the game, try this award winning mod. I'm gonna download it after I beat my current game with Bruti.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hold that thought, the Rome Total realism crew is close to releasing their latest and most likely final version. If you wanna stay up to date on the latest developments and/or other great modifications, check in on this site from time to time. You could of course always download the previous version of RTR if you can't wait, but it's not going to take much more time until the release. RTR is better than the RTW vanilla version in every aspect, more historically correct, better and more accurate skinned units, and no nagging Senators with stupid little missions, you ARE Rome, you decide what you do, not some halfwit senate. No Other Roman families either, just Rome itself.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

With regards to the upcoming RTR version, it only works if you have the expansion installed (Barbarian Invasion).

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

And why would that be a problem ? You can pick BI up for 10€ nowadays, money well spent i'd day. BI itself isn't all that imo, but RTR more than makes up for it.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Well, I don't have BI, cos I'm broke. As in 'living on my overdraft' broke.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

No harm done, just go with the already existing version then, that won't cost you anything, and it still beats the hell out of RTW. Or choose one of the other available mods, such as Europa Barbarorum, or The First Triumvirat. Both are excellent mods as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.