1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with a few things!

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Sarah, Aug 28, 2009.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's for those people who would rather earn experience by fighting than exploiting bugs in the game....

I've never needed to exploit bugs for money -- I've always had whatever I needed by the time I needed it.

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    PS:T is pretty unique in that the things that drive many other RPG's just don't matter here: Dying? no big deal; money? don't really need that much of it; stats? wis, int and cha are more important that the normal physical stats.

4. Sarah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well now I need help with another problem. I was on my comp. Monday evening and tried to copy and paste like Montresor said to do to add the files I downloaded off this website of bugs to add to the game like infinite money, stats, items, and etc. Well it didn't work unless I did something wrong. I simply highlighted copied and paste it to the games read me file and all it did was paste over the read me with the files contents. I wrote down the couple of things I am having problems with and I hope someone can help me to solve my problem. Ok, here goes: I have like 2 or three different read me files on my comp., 1 goes to the game, and the other 2 are to help with installing hacks into the game or I think the cheats. This is what they read:

How to use TormentHack:
    Use TormentHack is easy. You type in the path to a TORMENT.GAM file on the command line,right after "TORMENTHACK.EXE". Then, you choose to edit "EXPERIENCE", "ITEMS", "MONEY", "PROFS", "RESISTS", "SAVES", "SPELLS", "STATS". Depending on what you want to edit, you type in the corresponding command after a path to a TORMENT.GAM save-game file.

The other file said:

How To Install:
    Extract and run the EXE file. Click "Select game path" and select the folder Torment is installed to, and then click "OK". Then clcik "Import IAP into game" and wait for it to finish. Start a new game and after Morte first talks to you, you should have the Tome in your inventory.

I am having difficulties understanding either of those. Can someone help me with step by step instructions on where to find this file or that file so I can understand and learn at the same time on how to do this? I tried to use the Trainer page but it didn't really help me too much. I need all this stuff to be explained like a guide. Like for example click the start menu and go to this and this or click this and that.:confused:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Please don't post your issues multiple times; I've deleted your other thread with the same contents.

I suggest you use the version of TormentHack with the GUI instead: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/dl.php?s=PST&f=Torment/Setup.zip

The other readme is from Platter's Tome of Cheats; as you've extracted the readme, I expect you have cheats.exe there as well. Simply run it (double-click on cheats.exe) and follow the instructions you've already posted.

6. Sarah Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Taluntain,
    the only reason I posted the same thing a second time is becuz I really wanted an answer ASAP about those 2 files and the specifics I asked for in my question. I appreciate your reply and the little bit of help you gave me, but that still didn't answer my question. I want to use both files and I have no clue how to extract so I will use what you gave me to download, but still need those instructions. I'm not "that" computer smart. I don't know how to load seperate files into game formats and stuff. As of yet I have not extracted anything cuz I am worried I will screw up my comp. trying to do it by my self. That is why I specifically asked for step by step instructions. I am sure that the first time you had to try and do this on your own it was confusing. So plz understand how I feel.:(

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I know why you did it, it's why everyone does it, but it doesn't make it right. ;) You can bump your original question once 24 hours have passed, but reposting it is frowned upon.

The problem with step by step instructions is that they only really work on identical setups, which I doubt that yours and mine are. You'd need to have the same Windows environment, the same system settings, the same programs, the same extraction program, etc. That really goes beyond the help that we can provide easily.

That said, here's a how-to on extracting files with WinRAR: http://www.software.com/page/150/how-to-extract-files-with-winrar/

You'll need to download and install it if you don't have it yet. The link is in the how-to. I hope it helps!

8. Sarah Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Taluntain,
    I do have to admit that that file you gave me a link to download did help. The one for TormentHack. I tried using it, but I musta done something wrong. Cuz when I went to use it I would bring The Nameless One up and entered for example Stats and when I put in what I chose and tried to extract it it kept saying like error or something along those lines.Everytime I went to bring up that one thing under the file menu on that and choose a place to save it, I tried to save it under Games which is the file I have all my games on on the desktop, but when it came up it showed the Games file as empty and it shouldn't be. Also on that same program where you have to have the file for ----.GAM nothing was entered there and it wouldn't let me enter it.
    I finally progressed further in my game and got to Ravel's maze and was able to defeat her, but after I killed her and the Scenario was suppsoed to pop up before in continue on, it's like my game froze cuz it wouldn't do the scenario or anything. I got Ignus from the bar, but when I tried to get him to tell me who trained him in the art so I could then reform my party and him be left behind it wouldn't work. Am I supposed to have a high intelligence or something cuz I tried what I could,but he just wouldn't talk about eh art so I had no choice but to bring him along? And in the Modron Maze I was on the normal level but couldn't get to Nordom so that when I ended up going to Ravel's Maze. So is there anything anyone can tell me on somethings I may have done wrong?

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Did you switch to Mage before talking to Ignus? The option to ask him about the Art only appears if TNO is a Mage at the time of the conversation.

In the Modron Maze, Nordom and the Wizard Construct will only appear if you switch the Maze difficulty to Hard (note that you do this by talking to the Modron in the control room - the Maze difficulty has nothing to do with the game difficulty slider that you get in the Options menu)

10. Sarah Gems: 1/31

Ziad,
    OMG! I never even thought about switching to Mage when talking to Ignus. Thank you that totally makes sense now. I don't trust him and I wanna switch as soon as I can get a chance. When should I leave him? Will kicking him off my team anger him and make him destroy things? I don't wanna see ppl die becuz of him. :doh:

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You can kick NPCs off the team any time and they won't cause trouble for that. There are only a few situations where an NPC will leave the team and turn hostile, but they never attack anyone but you.

After Fall-From-Grace joins you, be careful what you say to Annah. She is jealous and if you say the wrong thing, she leaves the team for good.

and

When you speak to the Pillar of Skulls, don't try to stuff Annah or Fall-From-Grace into the pillar. Annah will turn hostile, and Grace just teleports out.
    Also, if Vhailor is with you and within earshot, don't ask the Pillar "What am I?" Vhailor will realize you are the criminal he was hunting and attack you.

12. Sarah Gems: 1/31

So what you can basically choose who you want on your team? I noticed on some of the screenshots of the game that at one point Fall-From-Grace and Ignus isn't one your team at the end of the game. What happens to Fall-From-Grace that makes her leave the team? I know that Ignus has to remain off my team cuz Fall-From-Grace said it was wise for him to not continue on your journey. Did anyone have any problems with Ravel's Maze after you killed her? It like froze my comp. and messed up. So when I get home tonight I have to restart the convo. with her and rekill her again and see what happens then. Did anyone understand my ? about the TormentHack I am having problems with? Can anyone help me?Can anyone tell me like some arrow pattern for home to get through the Modron Maze in Normal and Hard level? I just kept like going in circles it felt. It got frustrating and that when I chose to go to Ravel's Maze.Once you use that Modron Cube toy thing once to go to that Maze can you go to it anytime or is it like a one time use type of thing?

13. findarato Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

you can use the modron cube as many times as you want. and I made myself a map on a piece of paper of the 'hard' maze for to find my way back to the resting place, and to know the location of the wizard. It was a bit of running through empty rooms at times, but after doing the maze several times, I found a certain pattern to it, even after resetting it.

Ravel had my NPC's paralysed (frozen) once, mainly because I let her during the fight. I reloaded and tried again.

Fall-From-Grace does not leave unless you tell her to (not counting the situation at the pillar). And Ignus does nothing different in the end game if you leave him or not.

14. Sarah Gems: 1/31

Can anyone still help me with post #28 on this page? I would really like to try that file out.
    I can't download that winRAR anyway cuz when I tried with floppy disc's it kept saying I didn't have enough space on the floppy. So it must be a program with a lot to it. If this helps at all my comp. that I am playing my game on is a compaq with Windows 98.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.