1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help killing Sherincal

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Drizzt Do'Urden876, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I want to know if anyone had any suggestions about killing sherincal, when i attack him he only goes down to "Barely injured" and stays there no matter how long i sit there( longest I have sat and just waited is about 5 minutes) Am i not waiting long enough or is there a potion that i should use? :eek:

P.S. I have a semi-strong party

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I think "he" is a "her". :)

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And you should include more information about the party. Class and levels particurarly.

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have an idea about it ... do you have the weimer ease of use installed and use the armor improvement that makes them reduce damage? and you are using missiles against her ? that way you wont kill her. depening on your casters stats and spells you use against her magic may fail as well.

you have to shoot the button near the top of the ice-stairs to make them not reject you. sherincal is weak in closecombat.

5. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I believe theres some guy in lower SE corner that can buff your party up for a price (he sells some stuff also).

You can drag sherincal's party away before fighting her to reduce the challenge.

If your problem is in HoF then you can kill her with a malisom+finger of death/wail (shes not immune).

If you need more help, please post your party.

-- Leo

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Make sure whoever goes upfront with Sherincal has protection from fear and electricity. It would also be good if s/he is non-human nor half-human.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Draw the rest of the enemies like the barbarian shaman and the wyvern out and kill them, then go after Sherincal.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Sherincal fight is one of the tougher and more interesting fights in the game. The tips mentioned here should be helpful. Also, one cheesy trick is that you can buy buffs from Zack Boosebury for characters attacking Sherincal even if only one of them is down talking to Zack. One of the most useful thing Zack sells is Fireshield Red (or Blue). If you use this then at least you get some benefit from the fact that Sherincal almost always hits you.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Run a search on "Sherincal" in this forum, you should get plenty of threads returned.

10. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just fought Sherincal yesterday. I thought it was a bit too easy for my solo Monk (level 9). I took out all of her "assistants" and then managed to get her to come down the stairs after me. She kept casting spells at me, but I evaded them all. While she was casting, I kept firing +2 bolts at her. Eventually, she went down for the count. I never had to engage her in melee. I think this was more of a fluke than anything because I remember this battle being a lot tougher in other cases.

11. Dalakdan Gems: 2/31

When I fought Sherincal, It was not easy, but I managed to do it without buying buffs. I think it was because I had a well-balanced party to begin with. I had my paladin, monk, and fighter engage her in melee combat. While, my Necromancer and Cleric and Ranger hit him hard with spells and arrows. My party was at an average level of ten I think, I can't remember. The fight lasted about ten minutes. After I killed her, the rest of them were a piece of cake.

12. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31

Thanks you, I just finished fighting him (or her) and I beat it. Thanks again for the tips!

13. barleycorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just finished Sherincal, and found the fight pretty easy - the 2nd time ;)

I finished with hardly any hp loss from any of my characters (though I went through a few summons)

The first time, she shot a lightning bolt at the party that killed my sorc before the battle started. Reload...

The next time, I kept my party around the corner, and sent in my cleric/monk/ranger who had haste and stoneskin.

He went in, pulled the followers, 1 or 2 at a time, and who ran right into my ambush around the corner and got slaughtered. Finally when only Sherincal and a shaman were left, the party came out to the main dais. We took out the shaman fast, and kept summoning creatures at the top with Sherincal, while hitting her with spells from below until she died. Lance of disruption does a ton of damage to her, and the standards like magic missile, and aganazzar's scorcher did fine too - she went down fast. I didn't bother with ranged weapons, because she seemed to have lots of damage resistance (like 1damage/10resisted). Never bothered getting in reach of melee (actually didn't know I could climb the stairs because I kept getting the message about hitting the lever to climb :)

BTW - my party is:
    Lathlander7/monk1/ranger1 (SpellPenetration1)
    Tempus8/Barbarian1
    Sorc6/Paladin2 (SpellPenetration1)
    Sorc7 (SpellPenetration2, FocusEvocation1)
    Wiz7/Rogue1 (SpellPenetration2, FocusEvocation2)

[ December 18, 2004, 03:30: Message edited by: barleycorn ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.