1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Help in Ice Temple

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Gorgonbreath, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Since I don't exactly know which one is unpickable, please press x on the keyboard while mouse pointer is over the chest and post the coordinates here. I'll check which key is needed to open that exact chest and also who holds it or where it is.

2. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Extremist, the coordinates for my problem chest are x=1284, y=1054, Area: AR4102. Thank you very much for taking your time to check it out. Ejsmith and Anakha the Almighty, I mean yes I should just move on but I've become determined about this particular issue. I'm more interested in finding out what the problem is than actually getting the ring; I guess because I want to know if I have a gameplay bug that may crop up later and need fixing or if there really is something I missed somehow. BTW I tried opening the chest without detrapping anything and forcing it open didn't work. Thanks for the input though.

[ January 15, 2003, 01:06: Message edited by: Gorgonbreath ]

3. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I understand your feelings. Hope you solve your problem soon...

4. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Extremist, any luck with the chest?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

According to your specs, that chest should be openable with "High Priestess Oria's Temple Key" (41KEYOT.ITM).
    You do have this key in inventory or not? If you do, and it's still unopenable, zip the game and mail it to me.

6. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

Thank you, I will zip game asap. You're a big help for my personal sanity.

7. MrClever Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes, I'm having the same trouble with the same chest. It appears as though there's something missing. Some step that must be accomplished. Perhaps a lever must be thrown one way or another somewhere. I have Oria's key, I've had multiple different things in my inventory, and still nothing works. My thinking is that there's some necessary step that others have routinely accomplished without knowing the significance of what they were doing. Anyone who hasn't done this is stuck, because they've done what they think they should, but can't figure out how to unlock that crate!

8. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

9. MrClever Gems: 1/31

Figured it out. You have to have all 3 temple keys in your inventory.

[ January 20, 2003, 21:22: Message edited by: MrClever ]

10. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

Which 3 temple keys? The only Temple Key I recall coming across was Oria's. Which keys are you referring to and where did you get them? I have the High Aurilite Necklace in my inventory from the snow warrens outside the temple but I think that's only good for the outside anyways.

11. MrClever Gems: 1/31

The ones from Lysara, Oria, and Cathin.

12. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

So you're saying that Caithin and Lysara both dropped keys after you killed them? Or do you know if they were in some container nearby? You were thwarted the first time you tried to open the chest so where did you go back to for the keys? Coordinates (hit x in the game) would help me since bodies are long since removed. Thanks.

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

They all drop keys.

14. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Success at last! :D Okay, I nominate myself for doofus of the century having just figured out what I did. Thanks Larry Bonzo, Mr. Clever, Anakha the Almighty, Extremist and everyone else for spending your time helping me. I was tired of carrying around what seemed like useless items so I stored Lysara's journal, Oria's note, and the two keys in Lysara's armoire believing that I would remember leaving them there if I ever really needed them. Guess what, after clearing out the level and battling on the square thru 8 ranks I totally forgot. What's weird too is I thought I checked every container on the level for some type of key...guess not. I know I'm a bozo but I really hate this whole process of collecting endless items more than half the time which are totally meaningless and clog up the inventory. I think items that actually matter should be color coded or notated as such, agree or disagree?

[ January 20, 2003, 23:24: Message edited by: Gorgonbreath ]

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Never more was this smiley more appropriate :)

:doh:

:D

16. MrClever Gems: 1/31

I did the same exact thing as you did, gorgonbreath. I stored all my excess clutter in the armoire next to Lysara's bed, too. I didn't forget about it, though. I just had no obvious idea that all three keys would be needed.

17. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31

Thanks Faragon, I would have put that graemlin in myself but didn't notice the More button down there. Truly appropriate...I am Homer Simpson. MrClever that almost makes me feel better but not quite.

[ January 20, 2003, 23:42: Message edited by: Gorgonbreath ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.