1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Oct 2, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't figure out how to decapitate someone using a can lid. :mad: It's hard working from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what's going on.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ask in the nano forums, Kuemp - someone will know.

I am at 22K and about to start a scene with a party involving vampires, rock stars, and other creeps. All to avid the scenes where the Son of Kali has issues with his lover and my heroine is standing on the street naked.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

My story's in the toilet because of this stupid fight I can't write. :grr: I'm done with it. Maybe next year. Good luck to everyone else.

4. Arabwel

Media:
    hey, I had a fight I couldn't write, either. So in place of that scene reads "WRITE FIGHT SCENE LATER" and I just plowed on. Don't give up!

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I just returned from Schoolies (week long holiday, basically) and am trying to write more NaNo. The fact of the matter though is that I have no interest in writing this story - it sucks and it bores me. I'm past caring about it.

So, methinks that this NaNo is going to be a failure - especially seeing how I have only 25000 words...

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I've gone back to my stort stories, they're easier to write. My NaNo will be worked upon over the year.

7. Arabwel

Media:

i foresee failure in grand scale unless I come up with something awwesome soon.

it may include describing in grisly detail wha the Elder Gods do to my bad guy :p

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

36646 at the moment and taking a brief break.

I have to say - word wars are awesome. I just wrote 600ish words in the last 15 minutes because of one, which is incredibly good for me. They really really slay the internal editor in me to the extent that there are about 30 different ways of spelling my MC's names now because of all the typos I've made.

My plot has hereby ceased and turned into a sci-fi story with minimal connection to what was going on before. The MCs managed to find a universe-in-a-box in a second hand shop and are now off saving a world from nuclear annihilation ... except that I anticipate the whole thing blowing up in a huge mess when I need some other plot thing to keep me going.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yay! Finished!

25k in four days - not bad, not bad at all...

And I even managed to end with the complete destruction of the world :D

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

All hail Aiky, master of the write-till-your-hands-fall-off!

11. Arabwel

Media:
    I had 33K at 3 am this morning.

I jsut verified myself as winner.

:banana:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*cheers for Ara's glorious victory*

Another NaNo down - the only event that's stopped this year from being a total failure of creativity for me. And for the first time after finishing NaNo I feel like writing more, rather than not writing at all for the next 12 months.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.