1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Oct 2, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The site's a bit of a pain to navigate. Nothing is clear to me, but I don't design websites. Thanks for the help. :)

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Day one over, I;m at 1800. was hard though...

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'm at 3341 on the second day - looks like things are going well, though seeing that I'm going to be missing large chunks of November I might be a little bit screwed. Should be interesting by the end...

And I'm quite amazed that I've actually managed to get things to happen with reasonable speed this time. Every other NaNo has started really slow and dull - this time things are moving...

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I haven't come up with any exciting ideas to put to paper.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Who needs exciting ideas? Just write crap...

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I don't write crap.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Then you've clearly missed the point :p

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, this year is.. interesting. my first idea sucked, so I ended up restarting yeasterday and I am now up to speed.. i foresee this story being quite nanoesque.

Dracula, evil garden gnomes, a bonsai oak and the Pope. ' nuff said.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

:D

I'm about to start letting myself fall behind in order to focus on exams and such. Should be able to catch up next week (only to fall behind again).

The craziness in my story should manifest itself soon. So far it's been rather serious - enjoyable to write though. When continents start flying and the mitochondria go on strike I'll know that I've really gotton into it though :)

10. Daie d'Malkin

I'm 3000 words behind, due to going away this weekend. A flash idea while listeing to master of Puppets resulted in inspiration, a new plot point, and 2000 words.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

735 words so far. Not bad for 15 minutes of work.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Am currently 4460 words behind - this weekend should be hectic...

That's assuming I survive that long - all this cramming is pretty deadly. Just gave up on physics for the night...

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, i am at little under 18K and heavily behind...

But my story has everything from rock stars to dracula. and yes, that means vampire groupies. :p

14. Daie d'Malkin

Heh, I'm at about 6000. That's pretty behind... I thought I'd be fine at the weekend, but I got ill, then last night I was dragged from my bed to the pub.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I would write if I could, but I can't so I won't (I'm more of a compulsive reader).
    If a BoM member wins, can an announcment be made by said person. (I would ask you to post it on BoM but the story would probably be to long for a post)

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I managed to pull a 10000 word weekend and so caught up. Am currently at 23390 - on target assuming I could write 1667 words per day for the rest of the month. Sadly, I can't, so let's hope that I can write amazingly fast in the last few days of November - I'm not really finding the inspiration to write more at the moment...

If I keep to the NaNo minimum words per day I'll have about 5 days to finish off the last 20000ish, which I think should be workable, but should make for a thrilling finish anyway :)

17. Arabwel

Media:
    I am still at 17K - which is vaguely embarrassing.

I have to work in some robot ninjas, it would seem.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wierd idears you all seem to have. But, if the story is good, I suppose it dosen't matter were you get your insperation from.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Guh - falling behind again. Story is starting to bore me and the points I was meant to be making aren't been made. Can't really get back the feeling that this was going somewhere, and I think my sketchy writing is showing it. I try and add detail to my scenes but I'm not really interested in it, and often I just find myself glossing over things in order to try and get somewhere interesting. Hasn't worked so far...

20. Daie d'Malkin

I'm being distracted by various short story bunnies which race through my head, not to mention the ridiculousness of my story (magical puppets? Really?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.