1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo!

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Alrighty! Made it to 25000! However, my story faces a grave challenge coming up - exam week, as well as a ****load of assignments and such, one of which is due on Tuesday, which I should have been doing now, probably. Meh.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'm back from Glasgow having played Halo 2 non-stop the whole time and now I'm ready to get back to some NaNoing :)

4. Arabwel

Media:
    Yayness :D

I am at 42K... is that somehow significatnt or what? :D

I should have no trouble, barring unforeseen circumstances, in completing this one :D

5. The Kilted Crusader

/me claps

Well done Ara!

There's very little chance of me catching you up now :D

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Bring out the cdancing bananas... cause the count is 50030!

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yay!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Stopping there? :p

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Hell no! Even if I did get my characters to kiss for the first time, I still have half of the story left :D

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Eeek! One of my characters just commited suicide randomly without telling me first!

Seven year old girls should not walk up to windows, break them, then leap out to their deaths ... but meh. I suppose it's advancing the plot faster than it otherwise would have, and I'm no longer writing the book my MC is reading :)

10. The Kilted Crusader

My NaNo days may be up :(

Time is getting pretty scarce for me my word count has seriously fallen behind. I'll try to keep writing, but I don't think I will make the target :(

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Nooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

Don't do it KC! Pull some all nighters or something! Make the goal! Pull through! Don't die on me now!

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Dammit, KC, you ain't quitting! f you do, I'll... I'll... I'll sioc Reeves on you! :p

On a less scary note, I got past my block...

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Whee, I'm feeling totally ****ed. Just tonight and last night I think I began getting entirely bored with this and realised that I could be doing better things. The problem with my plot is that I like it too much to start throwing in the plot ninjas and space aliens, but the other problem is that the plot hasn't even started yet! And to make the plot effective, all this painful dragging out is necessary.

Urgh, bad night for writing. Tomorrow had better be better.

Feel the angst...

Edit: And tomorrow is here and all is now well! Yay! The plot even made a giant leap closer to being a reality :)

[ November 20, 2004, 04:36: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

14. The Kilted Crusader

I've spent the entire free day I've had (should have been practicing for a recital ;) ) writing and I'm now at 30,000 words. 4500 more and Aik has to make his MC steal a jar of pickled eggs :)

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ah, but if you don't make it - your MC is riding into battle on the back of a yak! Bwahahahaha!

16. The Kilted Crusader

Muahahahahaha! I reached the target last night! I'll let you off though, since it was only because I didn't want my MC riding into battle on a yak that I actually managed to write it all ;)

17. Arabwel

Media:
    No way! He HAS to have the MC steal the pickles!

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I think stealing pickles will be easy - she probably won't know what they are though :p

(Fear my 40000+ words :) )

19. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ahhhhhh! Someone throw me a fricking bone i'm still on 27910 words. Every time i want on my sister is on MsN or doing her homework at the desk and won't move. Im working a lot and have long shifts coming up. Will I give up?

Never! I wil keep writing until my story is finished but it'll take longer than November.

20. Arabwel

Media:
    Write on a notebook! Then just transcribe! Or get someone else transcribe!

*huggles Lawless*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.