1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo '05

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Deathmage, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Mine starts with as classic "Dear Diary"...

and right noew, I am at little over 8500 words, and plan to hit 10K before Nov 1st is over :D

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

8500 :eek:

I thought we were supposed to start at november 2nd. Guess not....hmmm.

*starts writing right away*

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Now little over 13000 words.

I did hit 10K during the first 24 hours of Nanowrimo :D

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Up to 3878 with a new setting and plot that I like! W00t!

Now, to overtake what's necessary enough to be able to delete all the beginning stuff. A waste of words, but it feels quite lame to leave them there.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

A bit late with this but Good Luck, everyone!!!

I wish I could take part again this year, but I have too much going on :(

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

5940! Almost a thousand words over what I needed for today. Hopefully tomorrow I should be able to add a few thousand more and take off 1680. It will be tragic to see it all disappear, but well worth the loss I feel :D

7. Arabwel

Media:
    I am, ell, not sure if I am on schedule. I had no actual schedule. But I hit 35K yesterday, am currently at 3528, and plan on making it to 40K today....

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I was ahead of my pre-set schedule, but today I lost all that margin. I just HAVE to go to bed. NOW.

On a happier note, the story is falling into place perfectly. I'm almost done Chapter 3, and as I write things continue to fall into place and become clearer and clearer. I'm very satisfied with how this is turning out. While it's highly unlikely that RL will allow me to finish it by 1 December, I WILL finish it not terribly long thereafter, and I WILL submit it to a publisher.

Notihng ventured, nothing gained, eh?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

11687 here and starting to drag. Well, at least: meeting quota but going no further, and have still been unable to push past the barrier needed to delete the first 1680 words. If it keeps going like this, they're probably going to end up being submitted.

On the other hand: school finishes 5 days before the end of November - so I can murder my fingers horridly then getting where I'm going.

As for the soundness of the story: well, some of the characters are pretty weak and dull, and I stopped halfway through writing a scene and jumped forward because it didn't interest me. Still haven't really hit anything that makes me go 'OMG! Plot!' - though it is there, just kind of in low gear.

Anyway, I have at least two characters that interest me. I have at least one other that probably interests me - but seeing that she hasn't actually entered the story yet (being in jail - sucks how I put the interesting characters in jail rather than being the main show as I had planned).

Need to find a way to skip over a few weeks soon methinks - but I've broken the style I was kinda in anyway, so ignoring my own conventions now shouldn't be a problem.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, I just hit 50K.

Now, I wonder what the hell I should do? I know I will keep writing (otherwise, my fans will kill me) but.. yeah, I am still at loss as to where and how everyone is going to be dealing with things.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Guess it's update time:

23421 words and generally liking them, and am very interested in my plot.
    I missed a day, but wrote double yesterday (in the same amount of time it takes me to hit the quota normally...) in order to catch up. I'm quite prepared to drop behind in the coming days in order to prepare for exams, but fortunately have several empty days before the end of November where I can pull some uber-days and catch up.

Need to work out a plot dilemma before I reach it: of course, I might not reach it for a while yet, though it would be nice if I did. Basically: which secondary character is going to die? Both have their merits.
    Well, it's more like that having one of them stay alive but also having that one die have merits - as the other character isn't really in the story as of yet and so I don't know much about her.
    Bah! This is hard! If she dies it makes perfect sense by what I've said about her and by what I'm critisizing (the Bible/Christianity) - on the other hand if she lives she can help greatly in screwing over my character and the world in general (also aiding my point...)

Oh well. It will all work out in time, I suppose. As it is I'll just keep waffling :)

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    20,569 for me. I love how my story is progressing but I'm falling farther and farther behind with no hope of catching up. :( Oh well, this is a good start and I'm not giving up on this story, or even NaNo. I even finally told Velcro what I was doing on my little computer so much, and he didn't laugh or snort or anything!

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Afterhitting 50K, my story has kind of... stalled. it is far from finished but not really going anywhere, either :(

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I've managed to break 27K and the MCs are deeply mired in Romantic Difficulties. I had wondered if this story would even take 50K words to tell, and according to where I am on my outline it looks like I'll make it!

Too bad that I don't have a few extra weeks to get there, though. A paper and Thanksgiving have put the final nails in THAT coffin. :)

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I just hit an enourmous plothole - more like an anti-plot hole actually, seeing that it was there pretty much to distract me from getting to the plot.

Maybe I should just get on with the unpleasant task of getting to the point - which screws up a number of ideas I had, but thinking about them - they're all pretty irrelevant too.

Edit: It's also probably quite a bad thing when you're using The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails as mood music which is relevant to the story and characters ... poor characters.

[ November 23, 2005, 13:24: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Just hit 57K and I firmly beloieve I still have no plot *sigh*

I believe this is going to be one hellishly long and bizarre one.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

My novel is disintegrating.

I hate myself and want to die.

*joins Suck Club*

19. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

It isn't dying! Hold fast, and keep writing! You can do it!

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Oh yes, I can do it - it will just continue to suck arse.

Anyway - 3000ish words to go, which I need to finish tomorrow or the next day, as the 30th isn't available for me. Shouldn't be hard to crap out that many words and lay this horrible mess to rest forever!

*sigh* Well, at least it isn't as horrible as the 2003 attempt. On the other hand, I don't think that there's a piece of writing in existance which is as bad as the 2003 attempt...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.