1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name that TV Show 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sigh, the lack of creativity in naming the series makes it almost painful just to type it out.

Mrs. Columbo

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The name might've been crap, but I liked it. JSBB is right.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

This show based on a series of collectable trading cards was produced in the late 80s but was cancelled by CBS before a single episode actually aired. The 13 episodes that were produced saw the occassional oversees airing but for the most part they sat in the vault until 2006 when they were finally released.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The trading cards were originally created as a spoof of an 80s doll fad. CBS cancelled the series because of concerns that it would be too gross for the little kiddies. There was a movie based upon the same trading card series that came out in the 80s but it tanked and currently sits at #71 on the IMDB worst 100 films of all time list.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Garbage Pail Kids? I never knew there was a spin-off from the cards!

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You got it Rallymama. Yeah my reaction when I heard about the DVD release was one of stunned disbelief. It is hard to imagine making either a movie or a t.v. show based upon the source material but then again if they can make a Toxic Avenger children's cartoon I guess just about anything is possible.

Hmm, chances are I still have my original series Garbage Pail Kids cards in a box or binder somewhere. I wonder if they are actually worth anything?

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    An easy one because the weekend looms and I won't have time to check in. Don't wait for confirmtion, just go ahead.

Despite the name of the show, few feel that it went out on a high note.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    :roll: I truly can't believe that that ^^ clue wasn't mobbed with guesses... y'all don't follow current events much, I see. :roll:

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    American Idol?

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
  11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The Sopranos. :doh: Thank you A&E for showing reruns.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Thank you for sparing the world my next clue, kuemper!

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

ZOMG!

Sorry for interrupting, but that was FANTABULOUS - really :doh: -worthy hints there, Rally! :thumb:

I simultaneously love and hate your witty and cryptic manner with this stuff! :D

... though I do still wonder what the next clue was gonna be...

Anyways, back to the proper protocol - I know kuemper's thinking hard on getting a show; I can smell the smoke from across town. ;)

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

A pilot with a price on his head.

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Six Million Dollar Man

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

That's the one.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A stage illusionist missing his uncle, his son and alter ego.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The Magician? That's the only show I can think of revolving around a stage illusionist, but I don't recall those plot elements - then again, I was barely a teen when this was on!

@j_e: Thanks for your kind words! I must confess, I often get the feeling that you're in a small minority... ;)

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    The 'plot elements' pointed to the actor... Uncle Martin (My Favorite Martian), Eddie (The Courtship of Eddie's Father), and The Hulk.

It is The Magician.

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    OK, I'm probably reaching here, but I feel on the spot to be witty and cryptic! :roll: :p

There comes a time when a guy has to leave his parents' place and go out to raise a family in a home of his own, no matter how rustic his place may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.