1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name that TV Show 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
    Deal or No Deal started in the UK! ... Didn't it? o.O

Noel Edmunds is God.

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Dukes of Hazzard?

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nope, much newer - though not new at the moment.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rally, that was exactly what I thinking....

DR, your hint is a little too universal and could be applied to any sitcom (especially one with teen males)... perhaps a less obtuse hint?

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, fair enough. My hint was kind of in the form of a quote being said to the two title characters*, two teenage boys, who are too dumb to know they've been pounding O'Doule's all night and think they're drunk.

*Hopefully that can serve as a more decent hint.

6. Arcless Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

GOD!!

I have no idea if Noel Edmunds was the brain behind or even the first presenter of 'Deal or No Deal, but yes he certainly preneted it here in the UK.

He spent quite a long time in the presenters wilderness following his managing to kill a second contestant on one of his shows - so Noel Edmunds a God - maybe not.

As for O'Doule's - I had to do a search for what that meant - now the clue makes sense. Yep - I'm a warm, frothy beer drinker - follow the link, http://www.wychwood.co.uk/cgi/pd/pd...ething+Lagerboy+Postcard&form=form-basic.html

or cut and paste or whatever you need to do.

So anyway, a guess 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air'!

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Well, the hint was "two title characters." But you have the right era. And incidentally, I thought O'doule's would be a fairly universal reference to piss-water non-alcoholic beer. :)

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Kenan & Kel?

9. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Sweet lord, no. :eek:

Last hint: this is one of the more quotable series of the 90's, and so much so that you began to hate this show when middle-and high-school kids would act like the main characters ad nauseum. Some members of this board likely have an old t-shirt of theirs in their closets somewhere.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Beavis and Butthead?

Plus, Deal or no Deal is in New Zealand as well, but hosted by Jeremy Corbett.

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    The black bird wins the pony. :)

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't know what pony you are talking about, but I haven't won one of these games for years. OK....

Jango Fett is about to make a comeback to this show.

13. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

TV or Film

The only Fett that I can bring to mind is Babba Fett from the Star Wars films. There was a son but not sure of his name so I'm guessing Jango. But they are from films, so a second guess is that it is also a cartoon show I've not heard of - so Star Wars the Cartoon Series (or similar).

14. Harbourboy

Clue: This would be as momentous (relatively speaking) as Danny Ocean returning to E.R.

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ok, so it's Temura Morrison returning to some Kiwi TV show none of us have ever heard of. Am I close?

16. Harbourboy

Ah, yes. I guess that doesn't make it very easy unless you know it. But it's the longest running series in NZ TV history! Plus they probably did steal half the plot ideas from E.R. as it is set in a suspiciously identical setting (but with a much cheaper look staff cafeteria). Also, Temuera Morrison's character has the distinction of uttering the single most iconic quote in NZ TV history. Strangely enough, another one of his characters has the most quoted quote from NZ movie history as well. Which would make you think he might be the biggest actor ever to come out of NZ but, oh, um, he might well be (unless any Xena fans want to vote for Lucy Lawless).

Anyway, this is also the show that other E to Z-grade Hollywood actors like Martin Henderson, Martin Csokas, Karl Urban, and Michael Hurst had early career outings in. It also currently features Adam Rickitts from Coronation Street fame.

Surely, somebody knows............

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How many syllables? What does it rhyme with?

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can I buy a vowel . . . ?

Harbs - unless another person from your neck of the woods checks this thread, consider yourself a winner and post something more mainstream.

19. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

I agree

Go for it, put that one in your back pocket and give us a go at something we stand a chance at - Please!

20. Harbourboy

OK then. I thought someone would know it.

Here's another one then. Short clue. Easy if you know it:

Margo and Jerry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.