1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name that TV Show 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    @ Splunge: In red? They're highlighted in white for me. Just a guess, but I think Chas used them as keywords for the search.

O, and, thanks for the rules, Chas. :)

Waiting for Aldazar's verdict.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would assume it's because he used the search facility to find those threads using those keywords. In case you have never used the search facility, it highlights the words you were searching for in the threads it returns.

3. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh yea. I see all the red. These were from my using the search to find the posts.

So, How do I 'capture' a link to the posts after I find them via a search so I can post a link that will not have red words all over the place?

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would imagine all you have to do is remove the "&highlight=..." part of the URL.

[Yup. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2008
  5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks for the explanation guys.

Loreseeker, since 24 hours have passed since you made yoyr guess, and Aldazar hasn't responded, you can assume you're correct and post a clue of your own. (This way the game can keep moving rather than waiting for days for someone to show up.)

6. Loreseeker

Media:
    Thanks for the explanation, Splunge.

Here's my clue:

A child (in the later episodes of the show) has the charming initials D.D.T.

EDIT: (Monday 3:00 pm)
    Since it's been nearly 24 hours, here's another clue:

"This time next year, we'll be millionaires." (The show is British, by the way.)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Profuse apologies for my absenteeism but it was indeed Third Watch...

*slinks off for now*

8. Loreseeker

Media:
    To be honest, I expected someone to guess this one rather fast, but anyway, here's another clue:

The show is a comedy.
    Del and Rodney live in Peckham.

9. Arcless Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

Trotters Trading

That would be 'Only Fools and Horses' then.

What do I do now, give a clue to a TV prog, hmmmm...

How about, in Hong Kong it was known as 'The Kato Show', but what was it really called?

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Arcless - welcome to the Boards! (and the game) :)

Just a bit of a note on the rules - you're supposed to wait for confirmation from the original poster that your guess is correct. If you're absolutely sure you're right, you can go, but generally we wait anyway.

Anyway, assuming you're right, I'll guess that yours is The Green Hornet

11. Loreseeker

Media:
    Just confirming the guess Arcless made.
    It was indeed "Only Fools and Horses..." :)

12. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Yep - the Green Hornet

Well done Loreseaker, Thought that was likely to be a bit harder to work out.

Thanks for the welcome.:)

Sorry to jump the Gun, I was up late lastnight (my timeframe) and as you said was sure of my answer; your go.

13. Splunge

Media:

Huh. And here all along, I thought my name was Splunge. :p

OK, next round:

This show's opening theme started with a burning map.

14. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Sorry, Splunge - you of course got the correct answer.

And also apologies to Loreseeker - misspelt your moniker :(

Regarding Burning Map:

That has just got to be Bonanza, a simple tale of the Cartwright Family in the American West

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  15. Splunge

Media:
    Indeed it does.

You're up, Hoss, err, Arcless.

16. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Leapt in with both feet!

[​IMG] Okay so I saw this thread and thought I'd have a go.

What I don't know is the fundamental rules, this being 'Name the Prog 8'. So I'll offer up a clue for a prog that may not have got out of UK TV to the rest of the World, if that contravenes any particular rule tell me and I'll come up with something else - fair enough.:D

A Detective Series, but one of them is dead!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  17. Loreseeker

Media:
    [​IMG] Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)?

Marty was hilarious.
    (If I am right, I loved that show, and it did get out of the UK, I saw it in Serbia.)

18. Arcless Gems: 1/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Yep, well done Loremaster but did you ever see the version done a few years ago with Reeves and Mortimer the British Comedy Duo.

It was a great tribute to the original, they played it straight with just the original tint of humour.

Anyway over to you, looking forward to your clue.

Sorry Loreseeker (not Loremaster), still getting used to this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  19. Loreseeker

Media:
    Here's my clue:

Sydney works for the Centre. Jacob used to work there.

@Arcless: No, I didn't see it.

20. Splunge

Media:
    Lost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.