1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kuemper - Ah, but see: That's the spin-off series.

HB - He said it was a sound effect, and one comedians imitate. You know: That bionic noise in slo-mo while Lee Majors is running. Or when he's pulling set-in-concrete poles out of the ground. :D

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes. The Six Million Dollar Man. That was the sound when he was using his bionics (that combined with the slow motion). Jamie Summers was number two; the third character was the race car driver with both arms being bionic (he was the seven million dollar man).

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can't think of anything good, so how about: Keyop, Princess, Mark, Tiny, Jason and the Phoenix.

4. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

G-Force. But I think it has other names too. G-Force is what the Cartoon Network called it IIRC.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Battle of the Planets!!! Battling the evil Spectra from the Crab Nebula!

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Battle of the Planets was what I was looking for. I'm not sure if it was actually called G-Force elsewhere, but that's what the team was called...

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Transmute! So who's turn is it? Me or Chas?

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Well, since you're here now and he is not, why don't you go ahead since you got the name I was actually looking for...

9. Harbourboy

Hooray!

This show was titled after the name of the boat upon which the main characters lived and which served as the base from which they solved crimes. They also had a dinghy with a similar sounding name. One of their friends was a computer nerd who could hack into anything but also managed to break his thumb every episode.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:lol: Riptide. Thom Bray's character only broke his thumb because he tucked his thumb under his fingers when he made a fist.

11. Harbourboy

Well done, kuemper. Your turn.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

My brain's fried this morning.

Blair, Jo, Natalie and Tootie

edit: I vant to taste my...bloodstone?!

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Facts of Life

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yepper-do. Your turn, apathetic.

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Wow! Gee, I feel like Harry Stone from Night Court - I got in simply becuase I was lucky enough to be hangin' around when destiny came calling. ;)

But here goes: (deep breath)

A man who came to Chicago on the trail of his father's killers and - for reasons that don't need to be explained right now - remained in Chicago as a liasion to the Canadian consulate.

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Due South?

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Aye, that's the one! You're up, Vukodlak.

(and I now gotta take a drink for saying 'the Speech' :) )

18. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

A Star Trek villain and a James Bond villain help the clients fulfill all their fantasies.

19. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Fantasy Island?

20. Harbourboy

Nice clue Vukodlak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.