1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Murphy Brown?

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Yuppers! You're up! :roll:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:banana: It's turning out to be a good day!

Dancing, singing and guest appearances

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess we could start naming all the variety shows in history -- maybe even a few talk shows.

But I'll go with The Muppet Show.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

No muppets. Here's a nice hint:

gold lamay (however you spell that fabric) outfits

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

From that description, it could easily be the Eurovision Song Contest. Little help? :bigeyes:

Or Top of the Pops, back in the days of Pan's People.

What the hell was up with the Seventies? :nuts:

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It's North American afaik. It was big on it's (mostly) female dancers prancing around in gold lamay (still don't know how to spell that) outfits to pop songs and very popular in the early 1980s.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tony Orlando and Dawn?

Edit: :doh: I just 'ad an apostrophe -- Solid Gold.
    You mean epiphany...
    Yeah, the Solid Gold Dancers.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:thumb: Yes, it is Solid Gold. Your turn, T2.

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    A crippled fool's rise to power.

Edit: This series was only 13 episodes and was only intended to be 13 episodes -- perhaps mini-series would be an appropriate description.

[ September 11, 2005, 04:14: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

hmmm...a 'semi-season' long miniseries...

grrr - I'm starting to regret doing things other than watch tv in my past ;)

Uh, i dunno - just a single guess to keep the thread alive: a dramatization of Stephen Hawking's life?!? No that leaves out the 'fool' part.

George W. Bush's life? (no, leaves out 'crippled')

'crippled fool' rising to power - prolly fictional cuz I can't think of any real-life instance of ALL three criteria...

:idea:

I doubt this is it, but here goes:

A&E's co-produced dramatisation of 'the Little General' - Napoleon?

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    This was done before cable... no A&E or HBO stuff. Another hint: The lead actor was knighted a number of years ago.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    easy peasy - it's I, Claudius, starring Sir Derek Jacobi! Patrick Stewart made for a mighty appealing Centurioin, too, IMO...

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    The woman with the new look has it -- I, Claudius. Granted Claudius was only thought of as a fool before he came into power (which was quite likely an act, necessary for survival in his family), his limp also became less notible after becoming emperor.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I'm too tired to be clever.

The host of this show made everything look "easy peasy."

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Jim'll Fix It?

18. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Would that be

"Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy" ?

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Doesn't that big-haired guy on Antiques Roadshow say that all the time too?

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    maybe, but that's not who I'm thinking of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.