1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Zurga, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

O.K. this is my final set of clues before I officially declare this one a stumper.

The show starred Bruce Campbell (Ash from the Evil Dead films) and was produced by Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert (who produced the Evil Dead films). It was aired back to back with Cleopatra 2525 - which was also produced by Raimi and Tapert.

The two shows were filmed in New Zealand using just about every actor/actress they could find who had played a supporting role on either Hercules or Xena (yeah, Raimi and Tapert produced them too).

2. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've seen it, the title is Jack "Something".

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:bang: I remember this one...

Jack of all Trades?

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You got it Laiwethel.

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

The title character works for a clandestine organization which helps try to bring good to the world by any means necessary.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Charley's Angels!!! (sorry, couldn't resist)

or Carebears. :D

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

G v.s. E?

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

No, and no.

The name of the organization is Section One.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Section One was the name of the organization in La Femme Nikita although I always saw that as being more of an us vs them organization rather than having any concern about doing good.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't recall Section being very concerned about good....

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

La Femme Nikita it is.

Yeah, I was tired and not thinking properly when I gave that clue.

JSBB, you're up!

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

O.K. I think I will have a little fun here. ;)

This show premiered the same year as La Femme Nikita. It was about a team composed mostly of ex-criminals recruited out of prison. They worked for a shadowy espionage agency in order to combat assorted criminals and terrorists. They were supervised by their own ruthless female director - who even looked somewhat similar to her La Femme Nikita counterpart.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Charlie's Angels!!! (oops, I already guessed that before)

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, it is not Charlie's Angels.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hrm, sounds more like some comic books that i used to read. it would happen to be based on one would it?

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I don't think it was based upon a comic book.

Edit: O.K. I guess it is time for some more hints.

While the general description of the show may sound pretty similar to La Femme Nikita the tone was comletely different. This show was all about being over the top to the point where it became just plain goofy at times. It was hyped mostly as being produced by John Woo. Nicholas Lee (Krycek on the X-Files) was one of the three main stars.

[ April 06, 2005, 14:30: Message edited by: JSBB ]

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

had no idea so i googled it :rolleyes: never saw the series, but i saw the commercial and it looked pretty crappy.. was it? :D

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The pilot wasn't too bad but the series got really bad after that.

It almost got cancelled half way through the first season and even after major retooling for the second half (including adding Victoria Pratt to the cast) it was still quite bad. Naturally it didn't make it to season two.

They did us the favour of killing off the main cast in the last episode but the wimps went and added in a scene showing them surviving for the U.S. market.

19. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Looks like noone's gonna be getting this one, JSBB.

...Well, at least I won't.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i second the motion :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.