1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Zurga, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes. Much better than Farscape. I gotta get the DVD version so I can watch the uncensored version. I think the SciFi channel chopped it up some.

U-Turn ;)

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

This show was in the team tournaments format with the most memorable team being led by Bowser.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sha na na??

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

:confused:

Um, No.

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Super Mario Brothers? (Seems logical)

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, not Super Mario Brothers.

Edit: Hint - the two teams compete to see who can build the better whatever has been picked for that show.

[ May 31, 2005, 14:00: Message edited by: JSBB ]

8. Chas Gems: 14/31

Ah Ha! The hint helped. I think the title is "Junkyard Wars"

9. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Or scrapheap challenge if the UK version (with Kryton from red dwarf)

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

That would be it. Go ahead Chas.

11. Chas Gems: 14/31

Trying to be a little cryptic here:

A take-off from the Petticoat

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Green Acres

13. Chas Gems: 14/31

D@mn that was fast!!!! I will have to be a lot more cryptic next time :(

Yes, Geen Acres, in memory of Eddie Albert.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's from watching hours and hours of Green Acres....

This show's premise was a society where gender roles were reversed.

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I remember the Two Ronnies did a series of sketches called The Worm That Turned, or something similar (The worm turns?). The jokes were largely based on them wearing dresses. That's not it, is it? :hmm:

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    No, it's a Norman Lear series that lasted two months. It was cancelled due to the near unanimous condemnation by religious groups throughout the US.

Edit: Hmmm... maybe this one is bit too obscure, for now another hint -- the series starred Eileen Brennan (a lot of movies, Murder By Death was my favorite of hers), Gary Sandy (also from WKRP in Cincinnati), and Linda Gray (a model and co-star in Buck Rogers).

Edit Again: Okay, different program. I'll give two words for the hint -- Farrari and moustashe.

[ June 03, 2005, 22:13: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

17. Chas Gems: 14/31

Just giving a 'bump' so people can see there is a new hint. BTW, what was the title of the first show? And I think you mean ERIN Gray. Linda was in 'Dallas' IIRC.

My wild wrong guess to make this 'bump' official.

'Baretta'

18. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Well, Magnum PI probably... What was the orginal clue for though?

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Chas: Brain fart here with mixing up Linda and Erin...sorry, such a bad hint made it impossible for anyone to get All That Glitters :D (there was an AD&D Module of the same name...).

Vukodlak is correct -- Magnum PI.

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ok, how about:

A show that began with twins moving from Minnesota to L.A. and starting their new high school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.