1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Zurga, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Since ages ago.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It isn't in my Oxford dictionary but per Websters on-line dictionary

Main Entry: wow·ser
    Pronunciation: 'wau-z&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: origin unknown
    chiefly Australian : an obtrusively puritanical person.

As for my next show ...

This inherently violent children's show mollified the censors by including at the end of each show a short safety tip section. Invariably one of the characters would rescue some dumb ass kids after they put their lives in danger doing something mind numbingly stupid. The rescuing character would proceed to provide these kids with safety advise. One of the kids would invariably respond "Now I know" after which the rescuer would respond "And knowing is half the battle."

It has been suggested that given the nature of these accidents and how quickly the characters show up to help these kids, the characters must have rigged these accidents and sat there waiting for the poor kids to stumble into their traps. I read quite an amusing rant about this the other day, complete with several examples supporting this theory. :lol:

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Either G.I. Joe, or G.I. Joe Extreme, which wasn't really G.I. Joe, just some dumb rip off.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes, it was Gi Joe.

Here is a link to the rant. Scroll down to the bottom where it talks about the extras included on the DVD. Actually, the whole review is pretty damned funny.

6. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I never realized that so many Canadian T.V. shows existed which had never aired on US Television.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I thought GI Joe was some army guy fighting in wars, not a child safety officer. Shows what I know.

8. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

9. Harbourboy

Wowser ruled. You guys missed out by not seeing that show.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Claiming the right of IJA...

Each episode of this half-hour program deals with the science and history behind a particular item before presents methods for using the item.

11. Chas Gems: 14/31

Bill Nye, the Science Guy ?

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Nope...

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Secrets of the Universe? ;)

More seriously, Inventions that Changed the World?

14. Chas Gems: 14/31

Connections? I loved that show.

BTW what does IJA stand for?
    "Claiming the right of IJA..."

[ May 06, 2005, 21:48: Message edited by: Chas ]

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

IJA = Impatient Jack-Ass. As per the rules set out a while back...

If it's your turn, you must respond with a new quote within 1 day (24 hours) to keep the thread going. Otherwise the thread may be hijacked by the next available impatient jackass.

If the person who's quote you've responded to does not confirm that you are correct within 24 hours of your answer, you are then assumed correct by default, provided no one else chimes in with the correct answer within that time or disputes your answer.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Hint #1: Just because the host mentions science and history doesn't mean that the primary focus of the show IS science or history...

17. Chas Gems: 14/31

The "Ronco" Infomercials.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm. I can think of several shows that fit the bill, but knowing Rally's penchant for the FoodTV channel, I'll say "Good Eats"

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Drat, you, BTA, you spoiled the great hints I was planning to give!

You're up, Sir...

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Love that show :)

One of the stars from Cheers is the host of this show where he showcases a particular manufacturer and the product that is made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.