1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jaguar, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Carcaroth is definitely on the right track. Got everything correct except the name is missing.
    The 'portly' chap is probably much better known for starring opposite a very annoying and grating woman in another sitcom.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Crap, the connection to the Subway keeps making me think of Ghost with Patrick Swayze :/

3. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I gave up and had to ask one of my old flatmates, and no, I was never going to get it by myself.

Given the sparsity of other suggestions, despite having the main plot line for three days, I think you may need to come up with a new one Aldazar.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have no idea and can't even think of anything speculative to guess that even has a chance of being right. C'mon Aldazar, keep it moving!

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Quicksilver? Maybe that was a different show...

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man is this STILL going? Come on!

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    err... Lexx?

(pure guessing...)

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Okay, the main guy was played in his 'portly' incarnation by John Goodman, then in his trimmed version by Eric Close. The series also starred Dennis "President Palmer" Haysbert as the main character's 'Handler'.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Yeah, we knew about John Goodman, but as for the title, I am still drawing a blank.

It lasted what, one season? Two at the most. More details man.

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

''then and now"

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

IIRC the hteme song had the same name as the show and the song was sung by a female.

Heather Matarazzo played the main character's daughter I think.

12. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think this has gone on long enough Aladazar. New TV show quote, or an IJ will jump in.

13. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

DHB is very, very close.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Now and Then?

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, since Aldazar seems to show up only once every 2 or 3 days, as the initiator of this game, I'm going to declare DHB correct since she was the closest (google says it was actually Now and Again).

(Sorry, Aldazar, but this has been going on far too long - if you want to play, you need to show up more often :p ;) )

DHB is up. But don't take too long. :p

16. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This tv show told you creepy stories that were true and creepy stories that were lies. At the end of the hour they recapped the stories telling you which were based on true accounts and which were fabricated by the writers. James Brolin and Jonathan Frakes were the hosts.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah. I remember the show, but didn't really watch it. It was called something like Unbelievable (although I don't think that's quite right).

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ripley's Believe it or Not?

19. Harbourboy

Is that that show hosted by Jonathan Frakes? yeah, something like The Unbelievable or Fact or Fiction or something?

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction

Saw it in the listings yeaterday.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.