1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jaguar, Oct 4, 2004.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I find this thread to be threadjacked by old geezers! Tongue-in-cheek aside it would be a teensy-weensy bit of fun if we could try to have somewhat contemporary stuff so the people not yet 30 may have a chance. It is hard enough as it is in not being America. I will stop my whining now ;)

*really just want to put forth his show for guess work*

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, the teensy-weensy bit of fun part is listing shows that all you young whippersnappers haven't got a clue about. :p

OK, joacqin, how's this? - Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist (probably a softball)

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    hehehe - scooped!

Remington Steele

Since I happen to agree with Splunge that it's fun to finally have an arena around here where age and treachery really do overcome youth and skill, I offer this challenge:

Name the actor who brought both of these TV roles to life (bonus points if you also name the shows the characters are from):
    Tom Corbett
    Anthony Blake

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, it has to be Bill Bixby because of the Courtship of Eddie's Father (Tom Corbett), but what was the show with him as Anthony Blake? I'm drawing a blank.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Drat, that was too quick. Since you got 2/3 of it right I'll give you the other piece... "The Magician," my favorite show as a pre-teen. I had a HUGE crush on Bill Bixby then...

No accounting for a nine-year-old's taste, eh? Take it away, dmc! :roll:

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Higgins!!!! (Yelled with a slightly petulant whine in the voice)

7. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Magnum PI

8. dmc

Media:
    That's it.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I hereby invoke the Impatient Jackass rule and hijack the thread: :p

At the end of the opening theme song, the protagonist would say his catch phrase: "lets get dangerous".

Minor hint: he said it with a lisp ;)

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Darkwing Duck

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Good grief, don't you do anything but watch tv? :p Your turn :)

12. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Hey, that one was easy as soon as you mentioned the lithp...

How about:

An eternal struggle between twins Adam and Zachary (played by the same actor) that will decide the fate of the world. The bad guy is helped by a beautiful witch called Beatrice, while the hero's main helper is a strange fat monk called Godbold...

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, sounds familiar but I can't quite place it.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sounds like something I read of in a Bryan Brown filmography

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Aha, Aldazar is close...

Any guesses on the name of the show?

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Still no ideas. Roll out some clues so we keep this game moving along.

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Ok, it doesn't look like anyone is going to get this one - but Aldazar was almost there so he might as well continue...

The series was called 'Wanderer' and was actually quite good. I don't really know any more about it - I just happened to see it one evening on TV and watched it during the next year or so...

18. Harbourboy

Never heard of it. Oh well. /waits for Aldazar to come up with something obscure.

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You putting this in MY hands again??

I'll give it a shot and I think I have an easy one.

A 'colour-blind' amnesiac with a computer-like brain is on the run from a mysterious, malevolent organisation.

20. Harbourboy

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.