1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mythical Creatures

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Possibly one of the Fae folk of Celtic beliefs. Either that, or a naiad from Greek myth.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I already am one. ;)

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey the western dragon sounds pretty good to me, sure some hero comes along and offs you sooner or later but you invariably have several good centuries of terrorization and hording treasure before then. ;)

4. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

To my utter amazement... The vampire wasn't mentioned yet!
    That's what I'd like to be... The kind of vampire as we all love 'em from Anne Rice novels and RPG's, not the flaky ones like of 'old' mythology.
    Prowl around, live nocturnally, have supernatural gifts that almost defy human imagination, immortality... I'd be pretty down with that, I'd think.
    Plus I could turn some other people if I ever got bored and/or lonely too, provided they have the right 'mindset'.
    I mean, we humans kill each other all the time, at least I'd do it for a reason (to stay alive) and maybe I could feed without killing.
    Sunlight is overrated anyhow
    :borg:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Some sort of mischeivous pixie that plays tricks on people using powerful magic but is too invisible ever to be caught.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Hugo

I didn't mention vampire because I am one :[. :D

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Mythical, eh? I'd have to go with the British. (inside joke) Seriously, I'd say either a dragon, or a merfolk type guy.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Ohh ohh! A pretty and intelligent woman that cooks and cleans!

Oh, indeed. But the idea of living forever is being able to experience all things. Sex is one of those 'experiences' that I believe everyone should at least attempt.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can safely say from first hand experience that that entity is not mythical.

Oh, hello dear, I was completely unaware that you were looking over my shoulder as I typed that.......

10. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Anything that would give me the ability to smite with impunity without any responsibilities. Probably a dragon of some kind (chromatic, of course - no fun being a goody-goody), or maybe some kind of demon whose primary interests were looting, pillaging and amusing myself however I pleased.

@ JSBB: Sure, the hero comes along eventually, but that's what this list is for. I wouldn't plan on resting on my evil laurels, no sir...

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Pegasus, because he is a symbol of freedom. His domain is the limitless expanse of the sky where he roams without concern for fences, borders, or boundaries.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"to my utter amazement... The vampire wasn't mentioned yet!"

Actually I mentioned Dearg-Dur which is an Irish female vampire (it drains blood by secuding human males and sucking it directly from their mouths). Bram Stoker combined the Dearg-Dur with Romanian mythology to come up with the Dracula that we all know and love today.

I know this is not well known but I though some people might find it interesting. Sorry if its not

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Cesard, you elitist you! Come here bragging with useless info like that!

In all seriousness, I do find that quite interesting. In fact one of the most interesting things about this subject for quite some time. Thanks for that. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.