1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My PC keeps on attacking my party... help please!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by SurfenBoy09, Dec 22, 2003.

1. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, I have a big problem in my game; everytime a hostile enemy comes to my party and my pc see's him and starts attacking normally, but after like 3-5 seconds he turns yellow and attacks anyone and mostly my party :confused: .

My pc doesnt have a cursed item that makes berseked too and I can't just CTRL-R or CRTL-T him so he will turn green again. This started started when going to the graveyard to kill Bodhi and get her black heart. Does anyone know the problem???? :bang:

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What is your PC?

And how injured does he get before attacking everyone? Cause if he is badly injured he can panic or get scared and then you lose control of him.

3. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

My PC is Male Elf Archer

He doen't get hurt at all; he just attacks with his bow and then turn yellow 3-5 seconds latter and attacks the nearest target (which is mostly my npcs) and after all enemies die he turns green in a few seconds.

Edit:Oh I forgot to you thank for the speedy response :spin:

[ December 22, 2003, 08:42: Message edited by: SurfenBoy09 ]

4. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    That sounds exactly like what Minsc would do. Did you try reloading? If that doesn't help, maybe you could restart your comp.

5. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

Tried both of them already... Minsc does that because he has a berseker ability in the SPecial Ability Tab...has this actually happend to anyone else?

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Does your PC have a script on him?

7. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

Yeah, Universal Scripts but I tried turning it off for him but it still doesn't help...

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Try with attching some other script on him.

9. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

Well,I have already tried 5 other scripts that were already in the game and I also gave him no scripts and controlled him myself anf that doesn't work either... I could email you my game save if you want to see exacly what happening.

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Did u turn off AI? Are you sure you have not one cursed item?

11. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

Yes i Have done both. I'm sure I don't have a cursed item because I already changed every item my pc wore...

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hummm Have patched the game? I don't know if this specific issue has been patched but it does some help to the game.

to patch thy game click

HERE!

13. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

Yes my game is with the latest patch too....

I also have the following mods and stuff installed:

Baldurash Fix Pack-TOB
    Tashia TOB
    Kelsey SOA & TOB
    aPack(Thief & Bard improvments)
    Expanded Thief StrongHold
    Ease of Use
    Ashes of Amber
    OverSight
    Ascension Weidu
    Redemption
    hell-213
    Dungeon be-Gone
    Banter Packs
    NPC Flirt Pack
    Item Upgrade Mod
    SimDing0's d0tweak
    Chole
    Valen
    Sola
    Tatics

Wow...I have so many Mods that I didn't even know...

Edit: not every components are in installed in EoU, Ashes, oversight, tatics etc...

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Maybe...MAYBE all this stuff is getting your game a headaches? seriously, it might be better if you unstall all this and you make sure ALL the mods are compatible between themself, it might be what make your game strange.

15. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

hmmm :hmm: ... Most of thses mods don't change things with the PC, most are adding charactor and changing and tweaking a few things. Also, I have already played w/ a archer before and had even more mods installed no problems I'm just gonna uninstall the ones that may associote(sp?) with the pc. Wish it helps. The other thing is that all are Weidu, which means they are mostly likely to be compatible.

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Yes, but not all WeiDU mods are compatible depending on the order.

You'd have to remove any mods before patching and then that would more or less permanently screw your saved games. Mods don't work properly if not patched, either.

It's quite likely being caused by EoU. That is a lot more bug-ridden than people care to admit.

17. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

i'm now pretty sure it is not any mods I'm using b/c I just tried a clean install w/ only final patch and the problem is still there.

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Is it still there if you start a new game?

Mods still remain installed during saved games, even through a reinstall. Try casting remove curse and dispel magic on your character.

19. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31

I didn't do a cd swapping install; I just change my overide,dialog.tlk,chitin.key w/ a clean back up version which only has final patch on it.

I'm not sure if the problem persists w/ a new game but I'll check on it. btw, my pc was alright throughtout most of SoA and just started around the time when I went to the graveyard in ch.6. I'm just really confused on why it is happening.

Edit: Well what happend when I created a new game in the clean install or modded game was that the problem did not persist when I created a new charactor but It did persist when exported my current pc into a new game.

So that means there is a problem with my pc itself and not w/ the game. But I can't figure out what is wrong; I'm not cursed and dispelling magic and dispell curse doesn't help at all.

[ December 24, 2003, 05:17: Message edited by: SurfenBoy09 ]

20. Symm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

To me it looks like your PC got a default script somehow (one of the mods probably handed it to your character without you knowing).

There are a few different scripts which can be placed on 1 character at the same time. You can place a script via the record screen for example, but there are also other scripts that you can't alter in-game. I would guess that your PC got one of these.

If you want to send your character to me via e-mail I'll have a look for you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.