1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My party

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Neo, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Neo- Nothing is wrong with it, really. It just strikes my funny bone. See, the TA is shortened from his full nick: Blackthorne The Abominable. It just seems a bit oxymoronic thinking of "Mr. Blackthorne The Abominable".

rotf!! Sorry! Just my warped sense of humor, I guess. Either that or lack of sleep, and it won't seem so silly after I get some...

No offense intended to anyone, most especially the Great and Mighty Wizard himself... :D

2. Neo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay, thanks for explaining that :)

I will still call him Mr. Blackthorne, however :D

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alas poor Khalid is dead. Should have resurected him. Try the two other party suggestions I made and see if you like them. I think you might. I'd suggest some evil possibilities, but since your a Paladin, never mind. Kivan is a nice character and can be found in the area to the west of Beregost along the path leading to the mages house. Otherwise, I can't suggest any more good aligned characters. Quayle is neutral and will complain with a high rep, but his banter back and forth with Minsc and Dynheir is pirceless. Something about gnomes and their dialog in BG and BG2. Who knows.

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

This may be a bit overdue, but DEATH TO ALL PALADINS! I like to fry Ajantis with a lightning bolt or three. Khalid is a wuss I don't care hoe much HP he has. My party consisted of Myself, the Neutral Evil Fighter-Mage, Viconia, Xzar, Montaron, and Edwin. I also had either Branwen or Faldorn for the extra healing I can't remember which. I kill all who anger me and still have an easy enough time through this game. Screw the NPCs. If they don't like my paladin hunting I kill them too.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... Yet another lost post...

Neo - You do that my fine Acolyte friend :)
    Darien - Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! LOL

6. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] whats wrong with you people? branwen is at the carnival east of NASHKEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (sorry if i exagerate a bit) (LOL)

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Um, right... As Neo pointed out above...

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Whats the benifits of having Xzar in your party? Not Xan the elven wuss but Xzar the insane green necromancer that is incredibly weak! Does he become useful at any point in the game?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah well, there's not much you can get out of a necromancer.
    However, Xzar and Monty are a bit more tied into the plot as some other NPCs. They actually have a Zhent subquest in Baldur's Gate city. (They are Zhentarim agents).

10. Sol'Kanar Guest

Necromancers may not be able to do illusion, but they can still be pretty useful. Plus he's fun to have around. I like his insane rantings. Xan is cool too, I like to have him in my party as long as he doesn't bitch too much.

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I kinda liked Necromancers in BG. If you have other mages, what's to worry about if you loose a few spell posibities. I had an Invoker, an Illusionist/cleric, and a fighter/mage, so obviously I had all the spells covered. But I thought the Necromancer I tried out did fine.

12. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hé Neo Reeves, Na BG1 is BG2 helemaal fantastisch, dus bewaar je Palandin voor BG2.
    En neem Yeslick, I.P.V. Branwen, als hij niet is verdronken in de cloakwoodmines.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Why couldn't you write that in English?

14. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hehe..I was browsing through all the forums and even though nobody cares and it's not even interesting, I'll translate the above Dutch:

"He Neo Reeves, after BG1 Bg2 is wonderfull, so save your paladin for BG2. And take Yeslick instead of Branwen, if he is drowned in the Cloakwood Mines"

So. Everybody happy.

See you all on ALFA.

Magnus

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Ahh, a fellow mage come to my favorite site. Nice to see you here Magnus. No equipment, and only a few levels, and no classes either, but at least the moderators don't trash your name around here. I hope you stick around.

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why not Khalid instead of the paladin? 1 paladin seems to be enough to me. Or the ranger that is in High Hedge, he is very powerfull too.

17. Sol'Kanar Guest

Kill Khalid! Kill the Paladin! Kivan is pretty damn strong, and minsc is good too.

18. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] To answer your question, Tal, he's a Dutchman. That really says it all.. *sigh*

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

A stupid dutchman, I think he's from Friesland or Groningen. There, they just discovered the pc :)

Well I think people from The Netherlands are smart and he's just the exception that sets the rule...

Hehe guess where I'm from. No complains about dutch people huh, every counrty has some stupid inhabitants :)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited March 31, 2001).]

20. mortas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] what are the cool animations next to everybody's name ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.